1950 Stude Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here the rear end from a 2003 Chevy S10 it fit perfect. Spring perch width was exactly the same. I'm even using the same drive shaft it turned out to be the exact length needed.

020.jpg

I weld the rear spring mounts to the frame reinforced with a piece of angle iron. The springs are lowering leafs, spring mounts, lower shock mounts and u-bolts are from Chassis Engineering.
023.jpg

024.jpg

The front spring mounts I made and are bolted onto the frame.
027.jpg

028.jpg

i'm a little embarrassed to admit that i've never seen this thread before..:eek:

however, like all the rest of the gang, i'll be axiously awaiting the next progress report[cl [cl

looks really good-

HRP

Very nice work. What rear springs did you use? Are they S-10 by any chance?

I got the S10 springs when I bought the rear end and tried them. They had a pretty good arch in them and it made the rear way to high. I bought a pair of lowering springs from Chassis Engineering that were almost flat.

i'm a little embarrassed to admit that i've never seen this thread before..:eek:

however, like all the rest of the gang, i'll be axiously awaiting the next progress report[cl [cl

looks really good-

HRP

Well I haven't worked on it for over a year. I got side tracked and built the truck.

Thanks everyone, I promise to finish it this time! :eek:

Finally pulled the body off the frame just a little bit to go and I'll get it on the dolly.

006-1.jpg

007.jpg

008-1.jpg

Frame is fully boxed and in excellant condition. I just need to put in some angle braces to the center cross member and finish the drive shaft hoop. Make a removable rear transmission crossmember and some upper rear shock mounts. The stock mounts may work just fine.

010-1.jpg

Last edited:
Got the car on the dolly today and moved them around so I could work on them both. I'm running out of room!

001-1.jpg

005.jpg

This the only rust on the entire car.

004.jpg

Finished the drive shaft hoop. This was the support crossmember for the center bearing for the original two piece driveshaft. I just cut the center out and raised it up the floor rests on the top on a piece of rubber. I added half if a 4" pipe on the bottom.

002-1.jpg

Last edited:
Worked on the transmission crossmember next. I had made one before but didn't make anything for the exhaust pipe to runn through. So I got one off some Chevy and will use it.

003-1.jpg

Cut out some brackets to support the ends. I stll need to finshed them up and will weld them in later once ai get the pinion angles set.

006-2.jpg

007-1.jpg

I know its backwards. Just set it up there to see how it fits.

008-2.jpg

looking good there, man....[cl[cl

i noticed you said you're running out of room....i'd sure help a fella out and store one of your finished projects for ya:D[dr:D

seriously though, its good to see the progress....looking forward to more

Latest posts

Back