"Build your own Custom Sports Car"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam_Fear

Brother Rat
Looks easy enough:
http://www.huffreport.com/archives/kustoms/buildyourownkustom.htm

KustomHudson9.jpg

There do look to be some great ideas there.

Back in the day there were many plans available in mags like Popular Mechanics to do this. And once Fiberglass came out kits as well to home build a custom sports car. Every once in a while you will see one turn up on the auction site. Always interesting if not always "sporty".:)
Torchie

I thought that was what I did with my 53 GMC.
Who said you couldn't use a grain truck as a starting point?

that is one of the coolest customs ive ever seen ....

a little imagination and a clear vision ,,, nice one

that book would be not only a good read -- very inspirational.. stuff like that should be re-published...

Sure, back then every issue of Car Craft, Popular Mechanics, etc had an article of building a custom sports car at home out of your worn out stocker. The fiberglass bodies back then were really crude and I bet only one out of every hundred sold ever saw the road. But we loved to dream about cruising the road in a cool sports car. :D

Years ago I actually wired up a fiberglass car for a guy who built it. He got the whole car done and couldn't figure out the wiring so he ran an ad in the Shopper for someone to do it for him, and I got the job. It wasn't a bad little car at all.

That Americarna episode was really fun to watch, so many variations and makes.

Don

Latest posts

Back