28 Sedan

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some updates, hope I got the front steering worked out. Started running the wiring harness, battery cable has been run to the rear. Going to try and get the brackets made for the rad mounts and maybe the head lights.

Attachments

• 20190415_174239.jpg
    20190415_174239.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 20190415_174253.jpg
    20190415_174253.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 20190415_174322.jpg
    20190415_174322.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 33
I like wiring as much as I like body work. Started on the rad today and then got side tracked. I do know that I'm going to have to notch the cross member for the lower hose which really sucks. I'm talking a pretty deep notch. Plus I think it's going to have to set a little higher than I like, I'll know more later. Got other things to work on to pay the bills.

I've been getting stuff done, just not anything picture worthy until now. Got the gas pedal made and linkage, no pic, took it all back off so I can cover the floors with what I don't know yet. Got the rad mounts welded on, today I mounted the rad, headlights and parking lights. I mounted 2 small led lights in the ends of the frame horns, I'll use them for the turn signals. I wanted something to protect the rad so I fabbed some nerf bars I guess you would call them. I got to do some work on the visor, I'm putting it on top of the header and where it wraps around the top at the ends doesn't fit so well. Still need to get my windshield frame cut and fitted, kinda been putting that off. Battery cable is run, MSD box and coil are mounted on a plate that hinges under the dash. Got a whole bunch of wires that need to be hooked to something. I'm sure I left something out but for now that's about it.

Attachments

• 20190422_171846.jpg
    20190422_171846.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 20190422_171904.jpg
    20190422_171904.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 35
Forgot to mention a couple things, the rad assy sets a little high, not much I can do about it and also do you think the head lights are to close to the rad?

Forgot to mention a couple things, the rad assy sets a little high, not much I can do about it and also do you think the head lights are to close to the rad?

The headlights look fine to me. In fact I like them tucked in closer. Some stick too far out.
With out a full on profile shot it's hard to say about the Rad.
Given the High rise intake I'm not sure that the line from the cowl to the rad will be that noticeable.
JMHO....
[P [P [P
Torchie

Last edited:
Looks good to me as well. We all get tied up in knots over the slight little aesthetics, and while they can make or break the look, your's looks fine to me!

The headlights are right where I like em
The radiator may be a bit high but, you can possibly think of something and do it later

Spent pretty much all day finishing up the shocks, moving the parking lights, and wiring up all the front lights. I was wanting to mount my electric fan but my back said no. Damn little things take forever. Also, I did make the rods for the rad support. Got a doctor appt tomorrow and then I'm going to try and do some of the wiring inside and maybe the fan. I did go back out and cleaned the one side of the garage and jacked the thing up and put it on stands. Won't have to bend over so much now.

Attachments

• 20190424_162615.jpg
    20190424_162615.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 20190424_162624.jpg
    20190424_162624.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 32
Here is the drop down I'm mounting all my crap on. Got some more wiring done today, I welded a bung in the rear to the frame for battery ground, run two off the engine to the frame and come off one of them into the interior to a ground stud. Grounded the MSD to the stud and went with one from the stud to that block you see on the panel. Now if that makes any sense what so ever I'm doing good. Over kill but I've seen what bad grounds will do on a race car. My dragster had a grd cable from the engine to the front where the battery was, chrome moly isn't a good grd source. I'm crimping, soldering and heat shrinking everything and that takes forever. Guess that's about it for today, need to work on some other peoples junk to make some money.

Attachments

• 20190425_185518.jpg
    20190425_185518.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 30
Finished up 2 short brake lines and got them working. More wiring and looking for crap I've put up some where and can't find. I spend a lot of time doing that. Other than that I haven't accomplished much.

Latest posts

Back