1937 Packard 115 coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mounted a pusher fan in front - I put it up high because that is the hottest part of the rad and the engine fan is mounted low... also 'cause it just fit in best above the brace just visible behind the bottom of the fan :). I'm not a big fan (pun not intended) of electric fans but the owner wanted it so whaddaya do??

What amazes me is that these fans still come with zip ties to mount through the core, and people will mount them like that, asking for damage to the fins...[S

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1755.JPG
    IMG_1755.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 103
I've been on a break for the last 4 months refurbishing this motorhome, a 2000 National. Turns out it was a little more of a POS than I thought, but all is better now, updated and polished up the interior and fixed the cracked up fiberglas from minor fender benders. Took off all the 20 yr old decals and redid them with leftover paint I had around, re-painted the lower half with good 'ol Rustoleum. just waiting for new logo decals to come and it's all ready to roll, maybe tow the hotrod with us on the next trip to AZ.

Attachments

• IMG_1984.JPG
    IMG_1984.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 37
  • thumbnail (18).jpg
    thumbnail (18).jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 37
  • qwerty.jpg
    qwerty.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2093.JPG
    IMG_2093.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 35
  • thumbnail (20).jpg
    thumbnail (20).jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 36
Finally got back on the Packard today and tackled a job that I've been avoiding - rust repair on the rear window frame, pretty crispy with chunks missing.The shrinker/stretcher came in handy on this one, forming the new frame in 4 pieces, it went better than I'd expected. That's the last of the rust repair I think...

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2130.JPG
    IMG_2130.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2132.JPG
    IMG_2132.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 68
It does look good.
I have the rear window to do on a friend of mines 41
Chevy so I know what you mean about not lookin forward to it

Last edited:
Nice work on the motorhome, it looks great! Is that replacing the fifth wheel that you had?

Great job on the rust repair.

Yeah, sold it and my 3500 RAM, bought a 2019 1500 RAM and a place in AZ. Hotel stays on the trips back and forth to Arizona have gotten to be a drag so this will be the new way of travelling, bonus is thinking to tow the Hennway with us to do some southern cruisin' in the winter :D

Yeah, sold it and my 3500 RAM, bought a 2019 1500 RAM and a place in AZ. Hotel stays on the trips back and forth to Arizona have gotten to be a drag so this will be the new way of travelling, bonus is thinking to tow the Hennway with us to do some southern cruisin' in the winter :D

Oh that sounds like a great plan! Taking the Hennway is a nice bonus!

zz, you and the wife deserve a southern vacation with a little hot rod cruising. Remember, pictures. (A little early to be talking about winter vacations though)

Looking good!!

Wish I could talk the wife into RV living a towing a hot rod :eek:
Have a great trip when you go and remember those pix:p

Since all the wood from the roof is gone, a new way of attaching the headliner is needed since everything was originally nailed to the wood framing. The channel I made over the doors and above the rear window will get a plastic tack strip mounted in it to staple the headliner to. Also made a couple support ribs to keep the roof bubble stable and made headliner bows that fit into sockets along the tack channels.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2153.JPG
    IMG_2153.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2150.JPG
    IMG_2150.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2152.JPG
    IMG_2152.JPG