28 Fast Four build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since it has the car name of fast 4, an interesting engine may be a Toyota 3SGE. They are a high reving 4 cylinder engine from Japan and come with a close ratio 6 speed manual transmission. ...and can be bought for about $1,000 with the trans and computer. 210 hp at 7,600 rpm and might still get 30 mpg!

I would never find one of those where I live, and I'm kinda hooked on Big Early American gas guzzlers:D

Great video [cl
Instead of using up the doors off the other body, why not just cut the rear 6" off the front doors then cut the front 12" off the rear doors. Swap pieces side to side (rear door pieces to opposite side front doors, front door pieces to opposite side rear doors), move the posts back and weld up the rear door skins to the post and rest of the opening. Getting rid of "C" pillar leaves a gap, that's why I suggested shortening the body a few inches, it will also reduce the overly long new quarter window to make the proportions look a little better.
Another option is to blank them out to make a sedan delivery... [S

Wow you are da man, experience sure shines. I never would have thought of that. Thanks, progress to follow.

And this kind of thinking, ladies an gentleman, is why the lad has earned a sticky.

Being a fan of deliveries, that crossed my mind also. How would you do a rear door? Or would you? A few methods have crossed my mind, but all are nearly 100% fabrication.

I agree 100%

Got started yesterday as soon as I got home from work. Following ZZ's recommendation the passenger side door is six inches longer..

Couple pictures and a video.
https://youtu.be/_Djbhk_fQNY

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• FasFourDoors 002.jpg
    FasFourDoors 002.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 73
  • FasFourDoors 003.jpg
    FasFourDoors 003.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 73
Very nicely done.

The best part of reading and viewing these threads is the ideas they generate for my own projects .. current and future. My wife may not agree with that statement.

Wow! You don't mess around! This looks great. [cl

I think we are all better off with ZZ for backup.

Very nicely done.

The best part of reading and viewing these threads is the ideas they generate for my own projects .. current and future. My wife may not agree with that statement.

Thanks Guys, nothing new done yesterday was just too damn hot.

Love it! Makes me regret selling the 28 Victory 6 sedan I was going to rat.... Staying tuned!

Thanks fourstrokin.

For some reason life got real busy and I haven't had much time to do anything.

I took a weeks holidays and the wife and I went out to the lake last Saturday but the weather just won't cooperate so we came home yesterday. we will see how progress is over the next couple days. This Saturday I will be gone to the Maple Creek Show and Shine with the Essex so it's a write off.

I'm watching this one [P[P[P

Thanks Old Iron.

Need a little help, I'm trying to decide how much to chop it 3 or 4 inches. Seating will be a ways back from the windshield and I'm worried about vision for traffic lights. Not sure the inch will make a difference either way but you guys all have way more experience than me.

Suggestions??[S

Things like that are kinda personal. Honestly, figure how high your seat is gonna be. Where are you going to position yourself on that seat. How tall are you gonna be on that seat and then block out the windshield at the chops you mentioned. See what it looks like to you because that's who's driving it.

Things like that are kinda personal. Honestly, figure how high your seat is gonna be. Where are you going to position yourself on that seat. How tall are you gonna be on that seat and then block out the windshield at the chops you mentioned. See what it looks like to you because that's who's driving it.

smallfoot has your answer!

Thanks for the insight, I did as you suggested 3 inches or 4 will make no difference, so I took the plunge and made some cuts.[;)[;)

The original roof on the car is pretty rough so I cut it off at the lower cut line, then took the other 28 and cut it's roof off at the upper cut line and I will use it instead.

Here are the hair cut pics.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Chop 001.jpg
    Resize of Chop 001.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Re-exposure of Resize of Chop 002.jpg
    Re-exposure of Resize of Chop 002.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Resize of Chop 003.jpg
    Resize of Chop 003.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 50
  • Resize of Chop 004.jpg
    Resize of Chop 004.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 50
  • Resize of Chop 005.jpg
    Resize of Chop 005.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Resize of Chop 006.jpg
    Resize of Chop 006.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 46
Never had a chop that i could see a center hanging light :p
Chopping is not easy, make it worth the work [;)
Some times being cool is not easy :D

Got some final fitting done and the top tacked in place. Some times measuring even a bunch of times doesn't work out.:rolleyes: I think replacing the roof with one from another car didn't help.
Plus I had to do a bunch of repairs to windshield mount where the hinge bolts.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here is where I had a bid of a problem with the first cut, had to put a little 1/4"wedge in

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• chop 001.jpg
    chop 001.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 106
  • chop 002.jpg
    chop 002.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 107
  • chop 003.jpg
    chop 003.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 108