Throwback rollback

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahahaha, I hear ya smallfoot. There is always room for one more!

Thanks, I plan on getting the firewall and tunnel started next weekend so I can get it wired back up and running

Well the heart donor is officially flat lined!!! Pulled the cob off to remove the good stuff easier. Once the 11v was removed it for a bath of oven cleaner and high pressure water!! We will get new motor mounts and replace a couple gaskets. Then into the car hauler!!!

What's the wagon on the back of the truck in the second pic? Family truckster?
I don't know how to quote that pic.

The wagon is a 74 mercury colony park. I recently sold it to a guy in Arizona and he is fully restoring it.

I havnt had much time for the truck. But I did score a new set of seats for it!

Cutting and welding!

Made a small amount of progress today. I had an hour or so to cut and weld on the car hauler. Fixed the core support so I can start plumbing this thing, then start wiring!!

https://youtu.be/91FgUlEvT4g

I like the new bumper. It has some style to it. It says something. :D

I would move the bullets out to the edge of the area that you trim out to clear the grille. That would put them out beside the bump in the grille. I would also be tempted to take a couple inches out of the middle to tighten it up closer to the fenders. Then I would tuck that baby as close to the grille as it will go. After that, I would peel off the loose chrome, and let it naturalize. Maybe clean it up a little and clear coat it. Maybe it should happen in different order, but that is the idea that popped into my little pea brain.

pics

can you post some pics on the forum...helps me when l am not at home since my phone is so old you have to wind it up :rolleyes:

that way l can have access when l am out & about.

Later :cool:

Thanks skip, I think it's just enough flair! The bumper looks like its made of a few pieces and the bullets hide the seems. So moving the bumper in a few inches is an easy enough plan. Not sure about moving the bullets out.

I also tossed up a few snap shots

Attachments

• 20180715_150441.jpg
    20180715_150441.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 27
  • 20180715_150436.jpg
    20180715_150436.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 29
LOL that's one way to put it. I might Bill brackets and mock it up just as is. I really was not looking for a huge project when I decided it would look good on there period but a little bit and making it fit just right might make it look that much better. I do not think I'm going to Puyallup. Right now it's honestly too damn hot to do anything hahaha. We are trying to make it to the end of the world Rod run at the end of the summer but I'm not sure if that will happen either. I'm so busy with projects I don't have time to make my own stuff worth taking anywhere

world

0H man, LB5O, the rod run to the end of the world is AWESOME!!

been going for ever and it always rocks, last year l met Dennis Gage there and he is great person.

ya gotta find a way to get there.

0H man, LB5O, the rod run to the end of the world is AWESOME!!

been going for ever and it always rocks, last year l met Dennis Gage there and he is great person.

ya gotta find a way to get there.

I've heard that from multiple people now. Problem is I bet we have a wedding that weekend. That's been my summer the whole year. I'm looking into it

LB5O '' Problem is I bet we have a wedding that weekend. That's been my summer the whole year. I'm looking into it"

no problem, just have the wedding on Saturday about noon in the park where they have the show:D guaranteed lots of people for her big day & just think of the back drop with all those bad @$$ rides around, and the people who will be all around to congratulate everone[cl

See ---problem solved--

that's what l do, help those in need of an answer.

Later:cool:

Last edited:
LB5O '' Problem is I bet we have a wedding that weekend. That's been my summer the whole year. I'm looking into it"

no problem, just have the wedding on Saturday about noon in the park where they have the show:D guaranteed lots of people for her big day & just think of the back drop with all those bad @$$ rides around, and the people who will be all around to congratulate everone[cl

See ---problem solved--

that's what l do, help those in need of an answer.

Later:cool:

I like your thinking my friend!!!!![cl

So it's been a while, but my dad and I spent some time on this project today. Painted the finished core support on Saturday. Installed it today along with the radiator, intercooler and ac condenser. Plumbing, brake booster,steering column, the down pipe and the re worked dipstick for the trans

Attachments

• 20181020_125828.jpg
    20181020_125828.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 20181020_140424.jpg
    20181020_140424.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 20181021_163703.jpg
    20181021_163703.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 20181021_163620.jpg
    20181021_163620.jpg