Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Builds!

Builds! Post your project here... show us what you're up to! Please Note: This section is for "Builds" ONLY!

Old 07-05-2018, 07:20 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Haha, I don't know if you guys are like me, but I find car parts on the shelf and ask "When did I buy this" ? I have multiples of things that I don't know where or when I got them. I also put parts purposefully in a spot so I will "remember exactly where I put it", and I never do remember.

Well, tomorrow is driveshaft day. I am taking my 78 Camaro driveshaft (to work with my TH350 trans) to them and have them cut it to length and put a Ford yoke on the back end for my 8 inch Ford rear end.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:21 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsrods View Post
Haha, I don't know if you guys are like me, but I find car parts on the shelf and ask "When did I buy this" ? I have multiples of things that I don't know where or when I got them. I also put parts purposefully in a spot so I will "remember exactly where I put it", and I never do remember.
I thought it was just one of my moves
Old 07-06-2018, 12:05 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Iron View Post
I thought it was just one of my moves
Nope, I have a bad case of CRS any more.

Took my measurements and driveshaft to the driveshaft shop this morning, told him I would be back next Friday, as that is my day off every week. He said "No, I'll have it for you this afternoon, I'll call you" ! Ok !!

I'm not going to have the driveshaft powder coated like the rest of the undercarriage, it will be all assembled when I get it back. So I am just going to spray it with the same cast iron gray paint I used on my center section and my front brake drums. It is a driveshaft, and you never will see it anyway. I also picked up a set of new u bolts that hold in the rear u joint from NAPA this morning.

I am about to order my complete rear brake setup from Rock Auto. If I order them today I should have them by sometime next week. Just a couple of things out of the way that I should have done years ago.
Old 07-06-2018, 01:02 PM
Older and more rusted every day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsrods View Post
I also put parts purposefully in a spot so I will "remember exactly where I put it", and I never do remember.
Hey... that's one of my moves. Once had $5K in cash & hid it in my house while faced! Never ever found it again. Sometimes I get the itch & start looking through old boxes & books... love to find it but that was 10 yrs ago so ain't holdin' my breath!

BoB

RRR on Facebook
RRR on Twitter
Wanted: Ratty '35 Olds coupe!
Old 07-06-2018, 06:58 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

I could come help ya look
Old 07-06-2018, 07:42 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripper View Post
Hey... that's one of my moves. Once had $5K in cash & hid it in my house while faced! Never ever found it again. Sometimes I get the itch & start looking through old boxes & books... love to find it but that was 10 yrs ago so ain't holdin' my breath!

BoB

Hi Bob, Did I mention I am coming to visit you and stay at your house for.....oh, maybe a week or two ? You and the Mrs. can go out and have fun while I house sit.......don't worry, I will take VERY good care of the place, and even do a thorough cleaning job while there !

If I were you, I wouldn't trust that Old Iron guy, he seems to have ulterior motives, if you ask me.

I picked up my driveshaft today, he did a great job, fits like a glove. I am going to have to do a little crossmember work, the shaft sits a little closer to it than I like, but that is part of building a car. Clearances and things change as you go on, no big deal.

Also ordered all my rear brake parts from Rock Auto, should have them next week.
Old 07-06-2018, 11:27 PM
Fascinated by rolling objects!

Back with the popcorn to watch the proceedings again, just like old times.
Old 07-07-2018, 08:41 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

"If I were you, I wouldn't trust that Old Iron guy, he seems to have ulterior motives, if you ask me."
WELL
Not sure who my friends really are now
Old 07-07-2018, 09:16 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Iron View Post
"If I were you, I wouldn't trust that Old Iron guy, he seems to have ulterior motives, if you ask me."
WELL
Not sure who my friends really are now
I like you a lot, but $5000 !!! I can be bought, ya know.
Old 07-07-2018, 11:52 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder