1929 Essex/Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little more accomplished and some more recycling. I had an old depth control off of an early 1930's small horse drawn cultivator that looked perfect for the job. Too connect the shifter to the transmission I used an old lower shift cable from a Mercruiser Stern Drive, seems to work real good. I'm going to make a plate to bolt to the side off the notched ratchet to block of the slots that don't correspond to a trans position.

I have a question for all of you that have been doing this far longer than me. I just pulled the tag off the Ford 9" I used. It's a 1970 28 spline axles and 2.75 gears, how much of a problem is this gear ration going to be? [S

Thanks for the reply, SOOOO should I be looking for some 350's ??

Should be pretty good hiway gears...not much for a rip roaring launch!
With 28.5" or less tall tires The 2.75's are great.
In a light vehicle they will surprise ya on how quick they are off the line.
I run this gear in my 33 and absolutely love them.
I had 3.50's and considered them too low unless all you will do is drive in the city or short highway runs.

With 28.5" or less tall tires The 2.75's are great.
In a light vehicle they will surprise ya on how quick they are off the line.
I run this gear in my 33 and absolutely love them.
I had 3.50's and considered them too low unless all you will do is drive in the city or short highway runs.

Thanks Old Iron, my rear tires are 26"in diameter so I should be good. [cl

1968-74 Corvette manual disc brake master came in, got it installed, along with the pedal. Found it on Amazon .CA for $65 Cdn delivered. Local was $118.0 plus $28 core, can't even think about anything out of the U.S.A. right now with our dollar @$.71 pus 4 cents to the bank for exchange.:eek:

I had a 2.79 and swapped it for a 3.00 a while back. With 255/60/15's, I'm turning about 2200 RPM at 55 mph with a turbo 350.

Thanks Bamamav, I should be pretty close to the same with 295/50/15's and the 275's

Looking good. Not much foot room in there.
Stay after it.

Thanks I-R-POPS, you are very correct, it's pretty tight for feet, I still have to adjust the gas pedal a little to the left, and it should be good.

Dozer11 glad it helped you . I aint good on formulas and This site was passed on to me from some body on here I think ,, I kept it on my favorites so I dont loose it .

First Off Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to everyone. Went to Alberta to enjoy the Holidays with the Kids and friends, just got back yesterday.
While I was in the big city I picked up a wack of parts to keep the build moving forward.

3.5 inch exhaust elbows and some straight tubing for the side pipes.

Shocks

U-joints for the driveline

A 1970's beer keg for gas tank ans 20'of #2 cable for the battery

A part sheet of aluminum for the frames for the bomber style seats

And the keg in position.

Rear shocks installed

Latest posts

Back