Early Hemi Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those intakes and carbs look awesome. I can imagine it must be pretty hard to find some sweet items like that.

That last pic is in my slide show screen saver on the PC. I like the hood hold downs and finned brakes as well. Nice work!

This looks like an awesome source of information on the early hemi, I might be picking your brain on a couple details when I dig into my motor...

The carbs look perfect, and the waterpump and timing cover is a great looking conversion.

Thanks for the heads up on this thread!

Thanks for sharing your build, very nice. I've been looking for a 354/392 for sometime now for a future project.

Good Luck

Gastrick
Congrats on the 392. I built one aprox. Two years ago. Lots of fun so far. The hotheads site will offer some early hemi guidance as you will undoubtedly need somewhere along the build.
I am running a single wire alternator, s-10 powersteering pump with hotheads pully.
You may want to considera hotheads harmonic balancer as well. Depends on what you ultimately plan to do with motor.I am running an MSD ready to run distributir with my own custom wires, although there is nothing wrong with the factory dual point dist..
didnt have a fuel pump so am running a electric pump.if you go elect pump, maybe a good regulator will be in order too.
Good luck. Oh consider picking up a copy of Tex Smiths early hemi manual. Very informative.
Russ

Latest posts

Back