1933 dodge 4dr to 2dr update

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skull, what you just explained above, is what sets us ratters ahead of [or at least apart from] those dang plain-Jane restorers. Imagineering is partly finding parts in the weirdest places and partly making those parts work in other weird places. You're on the Road Less Travelled, but it's the right path.
Keep on tinkering.

No disrespct to anyone as I have restored a few things myself.....
But I agree (for once :) [cl ) with Mac and snopro.
When we find something cool we can use it regardless of age, make, or prior use. I believe it is called re-sourcing.
We call it Rat Rodding.....
Torchie.

Bureaucracy

no title:mad:

no record of the car existing in Washington.

the state purges the system of vehicles that are not licensed in the last 7 years, so l have to jump thru a bunch of hoops to get new paperwork.

well l did the things they said l had to do, hopefully the tittle process will go smoothly and l will have it in a couple weeks.

Later:cool:

finnally

l finally got the paperwwork done on the 3OlSH sedan. l can not believe the amount of HOOPS ya have to jump thru to get a title.

Congratulations, skull.
For the next two days you'll have to train your hands not to curl slightly so they can fit around a bureaucrats neck, then you can get back to living life normally,[driving a hotrod].

First

we drove her in the pouring rain to the little store just up the street[cl

rain, wet road, decent HP and little bit of crazy make for a fun ride:D:D

if ya drive fast enough the rain goes over the hole in the roof, but no fenders on a wet road make a cool rooster tail And no wipers make it hard to see out the windshield.

one rear brake is dragging and a few other little things but nothing we can't handle in the next 2 weeks before the official opening day car show in Tenino.

the thing is squirrely, but quick.

l decided the honor of the first trip on a destination to some place other than us rolling around the yard should go to the man who without his help the car would have probably never been finished because of my health.

gonna take a week to make the smile go away.

Later:D

Its a permissions thing, he has his permissions set on that to be friends only most likely.
If he sets it to public we would be able to see it.

we drove her in the pouring rain to the little store just up the street[cl

rain, wet road, decent HP and little bit of crazy make for a fun ride:D:D

if ya drive fast enough the rain goes over the hole in the roof, but no fenders on a wet road make a cool rooster tail And no wipers make it hard to see out the windshield.

one rear brake is dragging and a few other little things but nothing we can't handle in the next 2 weeks before the official opening day car show in Tenino.

the thing is squirrely, but quick.

l decided the honor of the first trip on a destination to some place other than us rolling around the yard should go to the man who without his help the car would have probably never been finished because of my health.

gonna take a week to make the smile go away.

Later:D

Glad you got the paper issue worked out!

You could try rain-x on the windshield.... although I'm not too sure how effective it will be on a flat windshield

None the less drive on!

caliper

took it for another run now that it 's dry to work out the bugs, blew a rear caliper, so today we have to get that fixed and a few other little things left.

new rear tires:BF Goodrich T/A's, 285-70-15's, they are 3O 1/2 inches tall by 11 1/4 wide. they should look good[P

first car show under her own power on sunday,---IF it don't rain.

Later :cool:

bummer

just when l thought was safe to back in the water :eek:

l went to Nebraska and drove there roadster that was built using the same chassis l put under the 3OISH and when ya hammered on the gas hard it flexed more than l liked with there 2OO horse small block and because l put in the 4OO horse in mine l figured it would flex a lot more. we added extra cross members to cure that problem but, we made another one to deal with.

WEELLLL--one of the cross member we put in to stop the frame flexing rubs a little on the drive shaft. to fix it we are going to C-notch the offending member.

luckily it's a easy fix.

still shooting for Sunday's show.

0H the joys of rod building:rolleyes:

luck

AND THE FUN CONTINUES :rolleyes:

test drive after some more work, the car is really squirrelly in the rear, get home start checking out things and the bushings in the four link are coming apart and no one in town carries them, so l may miss the show sunday--but l want it right and safe--there will be more shows all year long AND l got jimmy's truck to take so l still can style & profile in her.

some cars fight ya till the end, but l am stubborn and will win this ''war''[S

Later :cool:

Latest posts

Back