49 binder

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
102_0070 (800x600).jpg

102_0069 (800x600).jpg
heres a few pics just to give you guys an idea of what I got going on and let me know what you think

been scared/ sick of it for past couple years but finally wanting to get back at it and enjoy it after I change a few things and do it my way and found a extra cab with title for $350

102_0022 (1000x750).jpgpic of the biggest thing I have to change just because the fact it is unsafe in my opinion but see what everybodys thoughts are on here. rear suspension done on cheap but my brother helped.... aka done it his way for me and charged me for doing it.....:mad:

What exactly are you worried about with the rear suspension links?
The design looks decent, are you worried about the strength of the links/rode ends?

What exactly are you worried about with the rear suspension links?
The design looks decent, are you worried about the strength of the links/rode ends?

I am worried that they are nowhere near being parallel and the pinion angle changes drastically in the short travel. Its kind of hard to see in pick but the bottom ones angle down slightly at ride height and the top ones angle up at probly a strong 25 or 30 degrees id say.

Tops need to be between 7 and 10 deg. down in front, at ride height.
Lowers should be level to 2 to 3 deg up in front at ride height.
I would definitely change that.

At ride height you need to be closer to parallel to the ground, but you have some wiggle room depending on the use of the vehicle as well...

At ride height you need to be closer to parallel to the ground, but you have some wiggle room depending on the use of the vehicle as well...
Sorry Dr, I guess I should of added that I set my ride height with a full load of fuel, so that the bars articulate through level as fuel burns off.
The tank is behind the rear axle, gas weighs 6 pounds per gallon and 17 gallons is 102 pounds.
I run as soft of springs in the back as I can get by with too and on my ride the lowers are level at 1/2 tank of fuel.

Thanks for the pointers guys hoping to get the chassie back home soon to work on that and get motor and trany in it. Sure ill be looking for more advice on it then plus have to find a welder.

102_0335 (1000x750).jpg
first light of day sense I put it in storage sometime in the spring of 2011 I believe

102_0338 (1000x750).jpg
hole it was buried in in my moms garage... just a few things hiding in there mostly junk though
102_0339 (1000x750).jpg

102_0344 (1000x750).jpg
better pic of what I have to fix on the rear triangulated 4ling

finally have it home though so hopefully can get some pics of the engine in the frame here real soon and maby a little bare bones open headers test run...[cl

It looks to me that all you have to do is build you another cross member for the two top links.retty easy fix for that. Frame looks like it's welded good too.

It looks to me that all you have to do is build you another cross member for the two top links.retty easy fix for that. Frame looks like it's welded good too.

I agree on the top ones should be as easy as making a new cross member. but I still feel the bottom 4 link bar mount on the axle also needs to be rotated to bottom of the axle which at the same time would make it close to parallel with ground at ride height. and yes my brother can weld its what he does but he is bull headed and its his way or no way...

Latest posts

Back