1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wife and daughters are handling the news well and as for myself I will continue forward with faith that tomorrow will be a better day than today.:)
Thanks again for all of your support.
Torchie.

Moving forward with faith is all we can do. One day at a time and cherish every moment with your loved ones Torchie. I'm praying for you and yours.
Thinking of you brother, stay strong.

A balmy 6 degrees this morning................

With the temp in the shop at 20 time to bundle up and get something done.[cl
Starter is rebuilt and back from the shop.
Spindles have been blasted and new bushings installed and honed with the new king pins fitted.
Front axle and wishbone set up to clean and remove old shackle bolts.
Plan for today is to get the shackle bolts out of the perch's . Cut/grind off the old shock mount bolts that were welded to the top of the axle. And do a clean up of the axle/wishbones in preparation to paint.
Thanks for checking up on me........
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_1434.JPG
    IMG_1434.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1432.JPG
    IMG_1432.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1431.JPG
    IMG_1431.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1433.JPG
    IMG_1433.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1435.JPG
    IMG_1435.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 21
Geeminy Krismas, I'd have to bundle up so much I'd be useless for moving around and doing anything. Parts are looking good....thermometer, not so good...:D

20* no way,,, My stuff sits till its tolerable out side,, the thing is that (tolerable) keeps getting to a warmer temp all the time .. it was in the 40*s this weekend and I didnt even get out in that .. thats pitiful ha ?? :D

The little things take all the time....

Got most of what I wanted to do done in the shop today.
I had to remove 4 shackle studs. 2 for the spring and 2 for the stabilizer bar.
The pics show the results.
These are the older style shackle studs that have a metal outer tube with rubber in it surrounding the stud itself. PITA to get out but my system is to heat the perch eyes and melt the rubber allowing me to drive out the stud. Then using a slightly undersized bit I drill thru the length of the tube leaving a very thin wall. Then I take a small chisel and catching the wall of the tube I collapse it inwards and force out the remains of the outer tube.

I also wanted to cut off lower shock mounting bolt that someone had welded on top of the axle. Old time Hot Rod trick but not what I want to use. Got about 1/2 done and ran out of gas. The torch that is. Not me.:D So that will have to wait till tomorrow.
Still want to be able to paint on Wednesday as it is SUPPOSED to be in the 30's here and I will be able to blow some heat into the shop to get it up to painting temp.
All in all a good day as I didn't keel over.:eek: :D [cl
Thanks for stopping by.......
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_1518.JPG
    IMG_1518.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1519.JPG
    IMG_1519.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1520.JPG
    IMG_1520.JPG
    166 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1521.JPG
    IMG_1521.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 12
Good to see you're feeling up to getting something done.
You make me feel like a wuss working in that kind of temps.
Near 60 degrees here today and supposed to be better tomorrow and I'm loving it.

Stay after it but don't over do it brother.

Thanks for all the props brothers.

Temp doesn't bother me as long as I am in out of the wind.:eek: :eek:
We will see what gets done today after I get up in the morning. Could be interesting.[ddd
I really want to get it back on four wheels so I can run all the brake lines and such.
Goodnight all.....
Torchie.

I find it a little easier to use a sawzall and cut the walls on two side then it almost falls out :cool:

attachment.php

Attachments

• torchie.JPG
    torchie.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 56
I find it a little easier to use a sawzall and cut the walls on two side then it almost falls out :cool:

attachment.php

Agreed OI. I have done the same using a hack saw blade instead of a sawzall. For some reason I have a hard time controlling a sawzall.[S
These were fairly well rusted in there as well so the hammer and small chisel it was.
Interested to know What your procedure is to put the new ones back in? I have used everything from a ball joint press to a vice but any new ideas are always welcomed. Spring shouldn't be an issue but the perch's could be as the wish bone is still attached to the axle and I can't exactly fit it into a vice.:eek::D
Torchie.

Torchie....how can you work dressed like this??

No wonder you can't get stuff done...lol..[cl

Attachments

• randy_card-christmas-story.jpg
    randy_card-christmas-story.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 18
Torchie, I've put some spring stacks back together with just 2 large C-clamps. Just lay them on the floor, put a smaller diameter rod thru the center to help keep it lined up and tighten up the C-clamps.

Latest posts

Back