55 f 100

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STEVE1103

:cool:Going to put my 327 in my 55 F 100, can't find a 300 Ford 6, will need a transmission, do have 2 power gulides and a 350, think the 200 R or 700 R would be better. Have put a duel master in, and a Mustang gas tank, been slow going, at 70 its hard to get going.

Sounds like a plan. The 200 or 700 would be my choice.
You know how this works Steve, pics and lots of them [P[P[P

My vote is for a 292 Y-block, even if you have to go to great grief to get it.
My vote doesn't count for much though, as I also have a '55 without a 292 in it.

Attachments

• car inventory 013.jpg
    car inventory 013.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 11
:cool:Going to put my 327 in my 55 F 100, can't find a 300 Ford 6, will need a transmission, do have 2 power gulides and a 350, think the 200 R or 700 R would be better. Have put a duel master in, and a Mustang gas tank, been slow going, at 70 its hard to get going.
I'm only 69-1/2, and it hard enough some times. Don't tell me it gets worse! :D It's still good, though. We're here to tell the story. Right?

55 f100

Skip, it only gets worse if you let it!! I am 100% disabled Vet, but I still try to work on my cars and truck, not the darn new ones!!

Skip, it only gets worse if you let it!! I am 100% disabled Vet, but I still try to work on my cars and truck, not the darn new ones!!
I agree 100%, good Sir. I suspect we were serving at about the same time, them. I know I am very fortunate to have only the few aches and pains that visit with me on occasion.

I am running a 200R4 in my '39. I am hoping I like it. It is more complicated to hook up (set up) than a th350, but the performance is supposed to be better. I think there is a tread on setting one up in here.

Latest posts

Back