Scratch Building a Coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well nearly done I ran out of primer for the ceiling only got 3/4s of it done. plus i had to change my garage door to the lower ceiling.

Attachments

• HPIM5484.jpg
    HPIM5484.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 26
  • HPIM5479.jpg
    HPIM5479.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 25
yes Solar pane;s

installed in 1997 and 1998. my heat never goes on the grid. I run my heat on the solars and batterys I have heat all the time. power goes out here easy and dont come back for a day or so sometimes longer. Last year during the tropical storm and Hurricane I had power straight through others were missing power for 7 to 8 days in rural areas like mine. i also hae 2 more panels on my House and a wind mill on the tower by my garage.

Last edited:
Well I fabricated the rollers for my Grage door but could not hang it because I dont have the right bolts. I will get it done tomorrow, I also had time to salvage a nice piece of sheet steel with nice ribs in it for my Coupe floors under my seating area. Thes panels came from a Merkur seats the underside backing, real heavy duty steel. I will cut and fit these to my Coupe floors. free also.

Attachments

• Picture Hot Rod Photos 484.jpg
    Picture Hot Rod Photos 484.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
ohh and I finished all the out side wall boards along the new garage door and my Wife painted them before i installed them.

Garage finally finished. This dragged out for 4 Months but it was worth it. Now I am adding a tool shed on the side of the garage using the old 10ftX10ft door as walls. This will house my Riding lawn mower, Snow blower, Wagon and all other lawn and garden tools. This will give me the added room needed in the garage floor area.

Attachments

• HPIM5499.jpg
    HPIM5499.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 18
  • HPIM5498.jpg
    HPIM5498.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 17
Good deal on the alternative energy stuff.

So, with the lawn & garden supplies out the way, you`ll have more room for hot rod stuff right?

Yes I plan on moving in a Merkur body and frame this winter and cutting the back off and making it into a Ranchero type car?Pickup. These convert nice as they have been done in England. I have a 302 Ford engine and a c4 for this application something else to take up my time when not working on the Coupe

I posted a photo of what the Merkur looks like after surgery to convert it to a pickup. looks like fun. My brother in law is from England and he says they do these over there..kool

Yes simple straight forward job Ill cut off the Merkur along the factory quarter panel lines and fab my own bed etc, it will be cheaper than buying a bed. Use all tubing to frame it. Fit in a flat piece of glass from a junker van or truck for the rear window.

Still working on my tool shed and I bough my wife a Used Ford 500 in excellent shape and mileage. We we were looking for another car for better gas economy and one she would like to drive. This is her Mother days present, I have a photo of this. Now I will keep the Windstar as it only has 70k on it. But I will rob the captains chairs from the rear as well as the rear seat. This may work into the Merkur pickup??? I was offered a poor trade in value and I said no, ill keep the van. I will use the Windstar Local for transporting goodies and just my wife and I.

Attachments

• HPIM5519.jpg
    HPIM5519.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 24
  • HPIM5518.jpg
    HPIM5518.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 22
  • HPIM5516.jpg
    HPIM5516.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 18
  • HPIM5515.jpg
    HPIM5515.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 20
  • HPIM5517.jpg
    HPIM5517.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 27
Finished painting the ceiling with primer. I also got 800 watts of cheapo lights on the ceiling. And did a little bit more on the tool shed. Im out of materials for the shed for now. We painted up our wood splitter because it will stay outside during the winter and covered up. just a little preventative maintenance.

Attachments

• HPIM5523.jpg
    HPIM5523.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 17
  • HPIM5522.jpg
    HPIM5522.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 16
  • HPIM5521.jpg
    HPIM5521.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 17
  • HPIM5520.jpg
    HPIM5520.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 19
hahha I didnt bother to mention the 7 gardens I roto-tilled after all this was done. Still have 2 more to do I pooped out

Latest posts

Back