53 AD Chopped, sectioned and narrowed

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see we all don't agree but, the customer is always the customer :D
The 18" front wheels & tires are coming tomorrow [cl

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 95.jpg
    95.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 96.jpg
    96.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 97.jpg
    97.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 121
  • 98.jpg
    98.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 126
  • 99.jpg
    99.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 126
Looks good. [cl

I'd still like someone to try my idea on a 3 back window truck. :eek:

I'm sort of a Ford guy, but didn't chevy already do that[S

If I'm understanding what you are talking about Skip, the rear window shape that you are proposing is called a "panoramic window" in old time custom circles. It wrapped around the corners of the roof. Doing that on a truck cab would be cool and I don't think that I have ever seen one on and earlier style truck cab.
Most likely you would make the glass out of lexan so that you could bend it.
May just have to find a cab to do it........[ddd :D
Torchie

If I'm understanding what you are talking about Skip, the rear window shape that you are proposing is called a "panoramic window" in old time custom circles. It wrapped around the corners of the roof. Doing that on a truck cab would be cool and I don't think that I have ever seen one on and earlier style truck cab.
Most likely you would make the glass out of lexan so that you could bend it.
May just have to find a cab to do it........[ddd :D
Torchie

I've seen it done on a 40 Ford pickup. I didn't like it, but to each their own. Unfortunately I don't have a photo to reference.

I like the smaller back windows and big curving sheetmetal cabs of that era though.

Looks good, OI. A "mail slot" would be completely out of place, but this works well! [cl

Skip? I assume you're talking "5 window" AD Chevy, not?

I've seen it done on a 40 Ford pickup. I didn't like it, but to each their own. Unfortunately I don't have a photo to reference.

I like the smaller back windows and big curving sheetmetal cabs of that era though.

Looks good, OI. A "mail slot" would be completely out of place, but this works well! [cl

Most likely DR but with out the dividers between the rear glass and the corner glass.
I agree with you on the 40 Ford cab snopro, but I could see it on either of theses.
The AD cab that Doc mentions or the Dodge pilot house. One piece wrap around rear glass. Could be really cool if done right. That Dodge pilot house is STILL for sale down the road from me....[ddd:eek: :cool:
Torchie

Attachments

• bc14b42df4c18300091bf53758674474.jpg
    bc14b42df4c18300091bf53758674474.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 47
  • e89915f50fead3ef6340b79afa82b610.jpg
    e89915f50fead3ef6340b79afa82b610.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 46

Yessir. Essentially just stretching the center window to (almost) meet the corner windows. I don't know if it would really look all that good, in reality. Just a thought that popped into my little pea brain. :eek:

Most likely DR but with out the dividers between the rear glass and the corner glass.
I agree with you on the 40 Ford cab snopro, but I could see it on either of theses.
The AD cab that Doc mentions or the Dodge pilot house. One piece wrap around rear glass. Could be really cool if done right. That Dodge pilot house is STILL for sale down the road from me....[ddd:eek: :cool:
Torchie
I see that the AD would require opening up the center glass to match the side glass.

Three or four years later, Chevrolet was offering the big back window that is so popular now.

Torchie

Yeah the 40 Ford I saw done was a big one piece back window that wrapped around the corners slightly.

I've seen an AD with an enlarged center window, it was a good idea but the way they executed it left a bit to be desired. It also rolled down, which was cool. The size was just too large and they didn't match the reveals of the other windows or anything. An AD or Pilothouse with a full wrap-around big back window might be neat if done correctly, on second thought.

Little more done
Built frame horns and put them on.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 100.jpg
    100.jpg