Progression of a Packard

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Gold

Can't leave well enough alone!
So I'm sure you all seen the latest in th "Weekend" thread. Haven't gotten alot done because of the heat and humidity. Unfortunately I'm not good at taking progress pics, but it's pretty straight forward.

As purchased ($500.00)
Picture006.jpg

Round One - fixed rust, complete mechanical overhaul, paint. About $1200.00 at this point(including purchase price.)
DSCF0129.jpg

Round Two - got bored with it and had to replace windshield --- sooooo why not chop! While I'm at it I'll make it a 2 door.

Removed complete "B" piller, chopped front 4 1/2" and back 6 1/2" the rear window frame in pics is the original and won't be used. I scored a rear window anf frame surround from a 51 Plymouth, along with all the stainless trim for FREE
DSCF0145-1.jpg

DSCF0147-1.jpg

DSCF0154.jpg

Cut 8" from rear door skin to add to front door. I have an old set of 54 chevy doors to extend the inner panel. Welded rear door in solid inside and out and rebraced new B piller location thru to a bracket on the frame. Also slanted the upper B piller for a sleeker look. More to follow!
DSCF0155.jpg

DSCF0156.jpg

DSCF0150-1.jpg

Awsome!!!

Gold,
You got it goin' on & it's lookin' good. I love to see 4-doors converted to 2-doors! Also... ck u're PM's.

BoB

Your doing some nice work, OG. Most 4 to 2 door conversions don't look much nicer & well done as this one.

WOW.........what an undertaking - I'm impressed with what your doing - keep us updated.

You are.......good with progress pix!!

Ratty 46

Some Updates!!!!!!

Photobucket is'nt working so you will have to deal with small pictures.:( Well, it's taken me about a week to get the rear winow exactly where I want it. Moved it many times. As I said earlier the window if from a 49/51 Dodge or Plymouth. Tacked her in where I wanted it. and extended it to meet the rear deck. Also rolled a new section of the roof to better follow the look I was after. Made templates for the sailpanels(what you see in pics)and cut them out. just need to run them through the english wheel till I get them right. Home stretch now! Enjoy and more to follow:D

Attachments

• DSCF0160.JPG
    DSCF0160.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 50
  • DSCF0161.JPG
    DSCF0161.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCF0163.JPG
    DSCF0163.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCF0168.JPG
    DSCF0168.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCF0169.JPG
    DSCF0169.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 74
More

More pics!

Attachments

• DSCF0172.JPG
    DSCF0172.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCF0173.JPG
    DSCF0173.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCF0170.JPG
    DSCF0170.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCF0167.JPG
    DSCF0167.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 53
Awesome!!!

Gold,
Like Gastrick said... roofline looks great & I love the last foto! Gotta say... u r BRAVE, my man... awesome!!!

BoB

OG,
Never, ever would I attempt what you are doing. It is turning out so nice that I think it should get widespread recognition. With the nice lines you are creating, it would be nice to see your car completely finished with paint, interior, etc.
Bob

Latest posts

Back