Can anyone ID this truck!?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Can anyone name that tune?!?

BoB

Attachments

• what.jpg
    what.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 136
Thanks guys!!! My buds friend has a bunch of cars but this is the only truck... still tryin' to find out how much he wants!

BoB

Bob, that truck is a 1936, but most parts will interchange 35-37. There are slight differences between the three years.

I forgot more than I remember. The 37 had a unique body line IIRC. I was going to say 37 because of the wide 5 wheel, but then noticed the spare carrier was not wide 5 and the hood ornament is a little different. I'm going with 36 too. I parted out a 37 a couple years ago, can't believe the money some of that stuff brought.
Get it.

Doesn't that one belong to Billy Gibbons?

Indeed... that belongs to the Rev. Billy F. Gibbons! He always has one of his cars at Lone Star Roundup & so does Jimmy Vaughn! Last year Jimmy had several of his awesome cars built by a famous local Austin builder!

Here's one of the Rev's car he showed at Roundup last year I believe it was! Did Henry make 'um like this?!

BoB

Attachments

• ZZ.jpg
    ZZ.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 25
They acually let people post pictures of that truck on the HAMB without getting flamed!! :confused: :confused:

As long as it's built by someone with a name they'll make exceptions. I've seen this at some of the big indoor shows... no rats.. unless of course it was built by someone on tv or something.

If it has a flat one piece windshield and the grille bars go from top to bottom it a 1936.

If it has a two piece V'd windshield and the grille bars go side to side it a 1937.

Latest posts

Back