Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Builds!

Builds! Post your project here... show us what you're up to! Please Note: This section is for "Builds" ONLY!

Old 09-06-2017, 11:45 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallfoot View Post
Are those seats from the s10 Joe?
well yes and no. they were in the s10 when I got it and, waste not want not. but they are from a 1990 lebaron, I drew up the pattern and had them recovered
Old 09-07-2017, 12:05 AM
''SARCASM: just one of his many talents.''

Thumbs up good

lots of progress, looking real nice so far

Later

1948 dodge truck in deceased son's memory.
http://www.ratrodsrule.com/forum/sho...odge+truck+son

194OISH street legal race car
http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24766

1935 vintage modified street legal race car
http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33748

1930 2dr mopar.
http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthr...ht=30+mopar+dr
Old 09-07-2017, 06:37 AM
He's rockin' the "Nuttin Special"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
well yes and no. they were in the s10 when I got it and, waste not want not. but they are from a 1990 lebaron, I drew up the pattern and had them recovered
They look good and look like they fit pretty well in your cab. I'm looking for something for the 46 but prefer a bench. There are a couple that fit well but I haven't found either one yet to use.
Old 09-08-2017, 12:34 AM

Default Fenix

Glad the 4.3 is fine. Enjoying this build too.
Old 09-09-2017, 05:20 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

back on hannah today, ready for another scrap run. I dont have the next donor on deck so I will use my flatbed truck.

got all the firewall stuff disconnected, and the steering column mount spotwelds drilled. mark my words, you will see a pedal mount/column mount design from me on this one, for 41-46 and for 47-53 too.
IMG_7059 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_7060 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

my cherry picker is still stranded, but I was able to use balance and a little muscle to get the cab off by myself.
52667692057__772580FB-5C7D-4FF9-A3B9-459CC0E3B63F by Joe Doh, on Flickr

all the important stuff I need to keep!
IMG_7071 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

and almost ready for a scrap run monday.
IMG_7072 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I am getting jaded on keeping stuff around, normally I would drag all the doors and extra parts to the back yard and wait while guys beat me up for the next 6 months on prices, but I am just throwing it all away instead. I figure 10 bucks in scrap now is better than 50 bucks in parts over 6 months, right?

pressure washing the rest of the frame and engine tomorrow and ready to push inside!
Old 09-09-2017, 07:46 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
I am getting jaded on keeping stuff around, normally I would drag all the doors and extra parts to the back yard and wait while guys beat me up for the next 6 months on prices, but I am just throwing it all away instead.
I tend to keep good parts for resale, and a few panels for making patch panels on my project. Last time I did this, I didn't get them moved fast enough, and the tweekers jacked all my tin parts and they got the scrap money. I ended up buying stuff to make patch panels. I hate tweekers and thieves.

The thing about a '39 Ford pick-up is that that ugly grille kinda' grows on ya' after a while.

Not taking anything too seriously.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:16 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
I tend to keep good parts for resale, and a few panels for making patch panels on my project. Last time I did this, I didn't get them moved fast enough, and the tweekers jacked all my tin parts and they got the scrap money. I ended up buying stuff to make patch panels. I hate tweekers and thieves.

that sucks. I live in a pretty safe area, solicitors dont like my 200ft driveway and neither do trick or treaters. I am 2 houses from the dead end too, so not much traffic goes by.

although I HAVE started meeting people to look at stuff I have for sale. a guy came and looked at a spare bed I had for sale, asked about some fenders and left. two nights later I heard a huge CRASH from the back yard, went out and looked and the fenders he asked about were laying on the ground. wind? maybe. luck favors the prepared though, I locked it all up.

I dont have a picture but all the cab is loaded on the flatbed, I have a family lunch date tomorrow and will not get a lot done, so I was glad to get the driveway cleaned up from this mornings mess. tomorrow morning I will still wash down the frame and motor, maybe get it rolled in. My neighbor is loaning me an A frame to lift the 41 cab onto the frame so... YEE HAA.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:50 PM

moving right along
Old 09-13-2017, 02:53 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

thanks!

still splitting time with fenix. pressure washed the drivetrain and rrrrrrrrollled it in the shop.
IMG_7132 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_7131 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_7134 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

almost ready to plop the body on. my cherry picker is still being held hostage by the wasps, so I borrowed a big a -frame from my neighbor, I just need to attach wheels to it for him. I already had the chain hoists so winner winner chicken dinner. it wil lbe nice to have my body cart empty for the first time in a long time.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:09 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

so I borrowed my neighbors a frame but I saw a couple problems right off the bat.

attaching the chain falls to the pipe with standard chain would have them too low, I needed as high a free lift as I could get to get over the frame. I bought some short lifting straps and wrapped them around so the chain fall would be right at the upper bar. to get even more lift potential, I took two 4x4s and bolted them together, then put the eyebolts in the lower 4x4, giving myself another 3 1/2 inches of lift.

I leveled the frame and used the dimensions I got from fenix, and tacked the mounts in.

let me tell you, I am never using a cherry picker again. using a cherry picker you are acutely aware of the weight you are holding up, it FEELS heavy, even jacking it up. and you have to move all that swinging weight because you cant roll a frame over the cherry picker legs. rolling it sucks.

I did this on a rainy day, and didnt get a drop on me. I lifted the cab, rolled the body cart out, rolled the frame under, and dropped it down. it took longer to cut the steering column shorter on the 41 because it looked close to the trans than it did to lift, align, lower, and push back in.

IMG_7333 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_7336 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_7337 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

guys who want to leave the v6 in the stock position should look at this photo. I need at least a 10 inch rearward move. It also looks like this truck (it looks to be a 42, not a 41, the handles are wartime bakelite) has slightly different mount dimensions, so I may need to move them around a little.