1933 chevy tudor sedan aka Project Copper Tone!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heads are at the machine shop. Told the guy at the counter that I needed seats and guides installed in the one and a valve job on the other. Should be getting back to me in a day or so to tell me if they found any major issues that I couldn’t see. Also, my cam kit came in so I did a dry fit to make sure it’d fit because the old one came out a bit hard. Slid in and out fairly easily. So looks like tomorrow I can lube up the cam good and put it together along with the timing set, cover, and oil pan. She’s taking a bit but ahe’s going back together. Maybe by new years I’ll have the 33 running again.

Still waiting to hear back from the machine shop on my heads. I knew it was going to be a long turn around time on them but I’m getting a bit antsy to get this thing off the stand and back in the car. Just so I can get another engine on the stand lol. I may just borrow a buddy’s stand in the meantime.

Still waiting to hear back from the machine shop on my heads. I knew it was going to be a long turn around time on them but I’m getting a bit antsy to get this thing off the stand and back in the car. Just so I can get another engine on the stand lol. I may just borrow a buddy’s stand in the meantime.

Turnaround time Seems to be a common issue with the few machine shops left where I live.
I'm told that patience is a virtue.[ddd
Torchie

Got the heads back for the 390 yesterday. I forgot to tell the shop to leave the inner springs out so I could break the cam in so I had to remove them before installing the heads. Got the heads put on and torqued and realized I screwed up a touch. I installed the cam plug backwards so it would have ended very badly also, I forgot to install the oil pump drive before installing the pan so all that had to come back off. No one here carries any of the old stuff anymore so instead of having them order it the cam plug I decided to just order the rest of what I needed from Summit. Should all be here by next friday and I can finish putting the engine together, drop it in the car, and get it running again. As much as the OT has killed my garage time, it has made parts ordering a bit easier.

My engine is mostly back together now. Need to clean out the valve covers from them sitting for so long and install them, install the new clutch, flywheel, and bell housing and drop it all in. Then I’ll fill it with oil and prime it. May even get to start her up in the next week or so to break in the new cam. Im really excited to see how she runs and even more excited to see how she drives with the axle pushed back a tad further. Once she’s all back together I’ll pull her from the shop and bring the 31 back in, make a few adjustments, and then get started on Leslies car again.

Engine is almost ready to drop in. A few finishing touches but once they’re done, she’ll be going back in and then wiring it up. In other news, friend/coworker of mine has a friend with a 38 Willys coupe that they’re looking to part ways with and asked me if I had a value for it in the state it is currently in. I am not too privy to these sort of cars but I do know that they are not too common. Told him that if I could come look at it in person I could give a better estimate plus I would have time to do a bit of research. They are really pretty cars when done up properly so I am half tempted to give them an offer after I see it in person. Obviously, it would not be on the list of projects right away but for the right price, I may not be able to pass it up. And at the very least, could make a few bucks off her.

Attachments

• BE53DCB8-5166-487B-BE13-8AD3361357DC.jpg
    BE53DCB8-5166-487B-BE13-8AD3361357DC.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 0E2768BD-2183-4B1F-91E9-05548DBCDD54.jpg
    0E2768BD-2183-4B1F-91E9-05548DBCDD54.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 550AFAF4-3257-475B-B0BC-8E59DE87B88F.jpg
    550AFAF4-3257-475B-B0BC-8E59DE87B88F.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 53
Engine is off the stand and sotting on the ground now. Got the motor mounts and flywheel installed today. I went to put the clutch together and they sent the wrong pilot bushing with the kit. Went up to the parts store and got one ordered up. Unfortunately, it’ll be about four days out. So, as much as I wanted to hear her run this weekend, I dont think that is going to happen. And I am still waiting to hear back on that Willys.

Talked with the ol’ lady about it and she says no but my heart is saying yes lol. I will do everything in my power, aside from going broke, to get the Willys. I did my research and know that I may never find another in my lifetime, even though I am only 30. Unfortunately the guy already listed it on Facebook and have had some stupid high offers but then again, those offers could fall through once it’s dug out of the hole it’s in. From the middle of the doors up it looks solid as a rock but the rockers, lower doors, and fenders could be rotted off. We all have been there.

Still trying to sweet talk the guy. Just trying to get a feel for what he wants out of it. I’ve even said I would dig it out/help him dig it out just to get a look at the ol’ girl. Like i said before, I dont know if I will ever see one again let alone have the chance to buy one.

Latest posts

Back