Too much

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

120octane

I came across a powerglide for the 48. the rear end is out of a s-10 and come to find out its from a 4 cyl which is a 410. Its pretty much a stock 350. My question is will this be too much for hwy driving,do I need to find a different rear end.

I came across a powerglide for the 48. the rear end is out of a s-10 and come to find out its from a 4 cyl which is a 410. Its pretty much a stock 350. My question is will this be too much for hwy driving,do I need to find a different rear end.

Only if 3500-4000rpm at 70 in enjoyable! :eek:

BF

Too much gear in my opinion. I've done it and it's no fun on the highway really. I like something in the 3:00 to 3:50 range for highway driving.

Vic's

Too much gear in my opinion. I've done it and it's no fun on the highway really. I like something in the 3:00 to 3:50 range for highway driving.

I agree... my Nova has a 3.5 rear & with a 350 tranny is was tuff on the road & ate gas. I finally went to a 700R4. Rears from Crown Vic's are cheap & easy to find... have around 2.73-3.27ish gears (passenger/police) & come with disc's.

BoB

My 50 Stude has a 4 cylinder S10 rear in it also. I am assuming it has a pretty low gear in it too. However, I am running a 700R4 overdrive transmission so it should be OK on the highway and have a heck of a first gear.

Latest posts

Back