My Buick needs a diaper!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

super56

I moved my 56 around in the garage the other day(forward about 20ft and back), and it was like I had poured it out of a bottle. I know that these trans's are known for leaking but this is redicules.

Yea, if it's been setting a long time (before you got it) the front and rear seals and pan gasket are dried out.
Most likely you'll have to pull it and replace them.
While you're in there you might as well replace the rear output shaft bushing they get worn and will knock out the new rear seal.

Yes, you have the front pump (behind the torque converter) seal and the rear output shaft seal (drive shaft)
Most of the time the small seal over the shift arm shaft will be OK but, if it needs replaced it's just a small version of the others.

I have a call in to a tranny shop I have delt with before.

http://www.midstatetransmission.net/

I had a 3rd gen camaro that I was having tranny problems with. I brought it to them, the owner of the place took it for a ride, looked it over and gave me the o rings I needed. When I say gave I mean it. He gave them to me for free. I tryed to pay him and wouldnt take my money. Very good rep, good people to deal with.

natures stop leak

i recommend driving it on dusty dirt roads alot and a good supply of cardboard where u park it the dirt roads make the oil into a cake and the card board is just to keep u from scrubbin the floor [cl

i recommend driving it on dusty dirt roads alot and a good supply of cardboard where u park it the dirt roads make the oil into a cake and the card board is just to keep u from scrubbin the floor [cl
When the card board gets soaked it makes a good fire starter too [ddev

Try some Lucas trans seal. I have never used it but have used their engine oil leak seal and it worked great. The engine in my daily developed a little leak and I could ocassionally smell oil burning off the exhaust. The dealer said it was a $ 4000 job to pull the motor and fix it but told me to try the Lucas stuff. Within a few days the leak stopped and hasn't returned.

Just a thought.

Don

How long had it been sitting....

You only need to make sure and not over fill it so, if you need to remove some to make this happen yes.

was it coming out of the trans vent? or dripping from the pan, from the cover or tailshaft seal.....if it sat a long time, the trans fluid could have been overfilled by drain back...might have puked some from the vent near the top of the case...not really familiar with the dyna flows but could be the problem.....something to consider...especially if it was sitting on an angle nose high....

Sorry.....did I miss that part???

It will bolt to the engine but you will also have to change the rear axle or comvert it because of the enclosed driveshaft (where your leak is coming from).

It was coming out of the shaft tube?? My bad....guess I should have backread a few posts.....

Latest posts

Back