hydraulic clutch

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

26Troadster

which is better/easier to work with? a hyd. slave cylinder or a hyd. throwout bearing. i don't want to change the motor in my roadster but i got to put the stick trans behind it (starter problems long story) i know i have no room for all the linkages so i'm going hyd.

I have a hydraulic slave in my 27 and the same one has been in there for 24 years. Not even sure what it is from, I bought it with a bunch of stuff at a speedshop going out of business sale. I simply made a bracket to mount it to my bellhousing, fabbed up a pushrod, and shortened the arm to clear my body. I have only run silicone brake fluid through it which might be why it has lasted so long. A little stiff, but I also have a Zoom racing clutch and pressure plate, so that might be the reason. Otherwise workds great.

As for the hydraulic throwout bearings, I have seen some threads where people were having problems with them leaking and not pushing correctly. Some of that seems to be in the way you shim them. Never have used one so I can't really comment other than what I have heard.

Don

that is the same i hear all the time on the throwout bearing, the big thing is pulling the trans to add the shims.

Latest posts

Back