my 49 ford truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

49crazy

Here's some picts of my new truck project. Bought it from someone who was selling two, I only needed one project. Was going to put a chevy engine in it but it came with a flathead 6 and three speed.

Will try to get the flathead going, even though never worked on them before and this is my first ford...lots of new things.

Dave

Attachments

• ford 1.jpg
    ford 1.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 72
  • ford 2.jpg
    ford 2.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 59
  • ford 3.jpg
    ford 3.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 64
joedoh,
have not made up my mind yet on bed or no bed. at first I thought, well it didn't come with a bed no problem I'll do just a flatbed.

But now thinking it would be easier to use with a bed, I still want to use it as a truck...no car show trailer queen for me.

I've been looking but unusual to see just a bed for sale. Then I thought why not get some 16 ga metal and have some bends put in it but don't know anyone around my area that can put bends in a 6'-6" long sides.

I did have the bottom cross supports from my old 57 chevy truck build still hanging around so I'm using those and it's funny but they fit width wise for the bolt holes to the frame. Chevy truck is long gone.

Dave

Looks like you have some fun building there. Most any bed can be made to fit. Just keep watching. There are more of them out there than you might think. Good luck.

skip is right, I see beds for sale all the time. Look for ads for truck bed trailers, I have bought a couple that way.

I've been looking but unusual to see just a bed for sale.

I have a 48-52 ford bed for sale but I doubt its worth the drive from stockton haha.

00909_ibBLMghCgWL_1200x900 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I have been looking for a nice F1 to use it with, but I have several projects ahead of it.

make sure you update us on your progress!

I could kick myself for not grabbing that 50 F100

Nice truck.... should be a fun build... [P
Sorry, had an opportunity to get a 1950 and passed on it...

Nice truck.... should be a fun build... [P
Sorry, had an opportunity to get a 1950 and passed on it...

:eek: :eek: :eek:
C'mon Sarge....:)
There is an F-series near me that might be available. Don't know year it is though. I have avoided looking into it as 1. No funds and 2. An F series was the basis of my last build.
But then I see threads like this and my thought process starts to kick in.....[ddd
[P [P [P
Torchie

Darn thing was a F300 stake truck and another 50 cab too....

:eek: :eek: :eek:
C'mon Sarge....:)
There is an F-series near me that might be available. Don't know year it is though. I have avoided looking into it as 1. No funds and 2. An F series was the basis of my last build.
But then I see threads like this and my thought process starts to kick in.....[ddd
[P [P [P
Torchie

All I wanted was the cab he had sitting on the back of the 50 F300 stake truck.. wouldn't separate them... then I found out he sold them both for 1500 dollars... he wanted 3k when I checked on them... guess I should have done a Richard Rawlings on him and offered half... might have taken it then... that my friend is on me....:(

All I wanted was the cab he had sitting on the back of the 50 F300 stake truck.. wouldn't separate them... then I found out he sold them both for 1500 dollars... he wanted 3k when I checked on them... guess I should have done a Richard Rawlings on him and offered half... might have taken it then... that my friend is on me....:(

I can probably whip you up a spring loaded boot that hangs from your belt if you like...[ddd:D

sgt,
you had me smiling on that one, RR would always offer half of what the asking price was, that should be a new saying.[cl

more picts coming soon.

Dave

Been doing some minor body work, I filled in the gas tank hole. I don't want the gas tank in the cab plus it will give me more room behind the seat.

Got some replacement rubber for the vent windows, passenger side done. When I got this truck the passenger window was off the track and the door handle wouldn't work from the outside. I took it all apart and cleaned and painted, one internal part was worn off not allowing the latch to retract.

Nothing a little welding and grinding couldn't solve, door handle back working, glass back in with a new runner track and stainless steel dividing bar.

Next I want to get the front sheet metal off to access the engine easier.

My cousin, Kevin (who is a hell of a better mechanic than I will ever be) already got the radiator out for me the other weekend, that stock radiator is definitely not light.

Attachments

• DSC00732.jpg
    DSC00732.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC00733.jpg
    DSC00733.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 38

Latest posts

Back