Transmission ideas for a 354 hemi with a blower

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

35DODGE

Okay I know zip on transmissions. What I am building is a 354 Hemi. I have been dealing with Hot Heads Hemi. If I follow there suggestions I am hoping to get about 450-500hp. Ideal I would like to mount a blower on it at some point.

Now my problem I would like to go with a manual tranny however I think that an automatic would be easier. I need some advise as to what transmissions would be best wether it is a Chrysler, Ford, Chevy. I don't want to spend big money on a adapter only to discover that I wasted some more money.

35 Dodge,
I did a 392 mild cam, and am running summits. Turbo 400, "street fighter" trans. Not sure of the converter stall, but i think it is only a little higher than stock. I am happy with this combination, but truth be told, i should have put a manual trans behind it, as it would probably been more fun.
that is a long range plan, so i will follow your post.. but if you are looking for simplicity automatic is really easy to install.

Latest posts

Back