Interesting 34 Pickup

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05snopro440

Well the problem is, the upper body has a couple bulges (dagmars) that make it hard to cover up.
Second the bottom curves, I don't believe are from a 34
34 Ford doors over lap the cab so that is as good as it gets. As far as the hood who knows.

34 Ford doors over lap the cab so that is as good as it gets. As far as the hood who knows.

I agree for the reasoning why, but from a well-known shop and for the price, I just expect some time to be spent to get the fitment better. Even the hood sides don't fit either.

Last edited:
It has a great look, and the right parts, but why don't the hood and doors fit?

The doors are actually ok for the original Ford style overlapping edge.

The hood looks off because it is actually open and not latched. If you have ever worked with one of those one piece hood tops with the sliding side latches, you'll know why - PITA. They look clean and once they are down and snug they are great, but they require a lot of fiddling and constant adjustment if the car is driven.

It's at a dealer or broker or whatever they want to call themselves, so likely why it isn't getting the attention it needs. They're just fishing...

The doors are actually ok for the original Ford style overlapping edge.

The hood looks off because it is actually open and not latched. If you have ever worked with one of those one piece hood tops with the sliding side latches, you'll know why - PITA. They look clean and once they are down and snug they are great, but they require a lot of fiddling and constant adjustment if the car is driven.

It's at a dealer or broker or whatever they want to call themselves, so likely why it isn't getting the attention it needs. They're just fishing...

I thought the top might not be latched, but the sides also fit like garbage. I realize the doors aren't awful, but they're asking a lot of money for this thing and I would think they'd do a better job for the level they think it is.

Well, these vehicles never had the fit and finish of todays cars, and I think they were trying to keep it looking as old school as possible. Even the Brookville reproduction bodies have gaps and fit that many would call bad, but that is how Henry made em, and how some hot rodders want to keep them.

I am old school myself, and if that car was built by Foose or Kendigit Design, all smoothed and fitting like a Lexus, it would not appeal to me as much as this one does. I like to see some of the original hiccups left on.

But that is what makes this hobby interesting, we all have different views and opinions.

Latest posts

Back