Corsair's '50 Ford half

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dr. C - thanks, that is sound feedback. Hm.. there is no good reason, really, other than to actually try it. I'm about 6' 3" and my son is taller - I get the "date" comment, its pretty cozy in there.

So what I'm hearing is that I need another project! :):rolleyes::cool:

Last edited:
Here is a pic of this truck when I brought it home. Its an old scan and of poor quality but it gives one the idea. The truck was a collage of paintjobs and colours, but the firewall is faded green.

And just for grins -> I dug up an old HAMB thread that goes deep into the "Chop or No Chop - F1 truck" question. I respect those who like the stock proportions... probably why I haven't actually tried this yet.

Many like 'em slammed with a dropped axle, no chop, big and littles to get the "look". The debate is endless, as examples of chopped and not chopped can both look cool.

Anyway its an interesting read, lots of pics:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/f1-chopped-or-not.524223/

Thanks!

Here is a pic of the interior. The stock dash in this '50 was so badly hacked up that I grafted the parts truck ('51) dash into the truck. The speedometer is from the Olds donor car (1970 Delta 88). It fit beautifully!

To do: I have to solve the low placement of all of the guages.
Some of the knobs are wrong, wrong, wrong.
I changed this truck to cross-steer, and so am contemplating a panhard bar, and some means of stiffening the drivers' side framerail to stop it from flexing.

Column - stock tilt GM
Steering wheel - Limeworks speed shop (CA).
Shifter for the th400 - Lokar
shifter tunnel - custom
Seat - stock rebuilt by Riverside Upholstery (Morris, MB)
Tach - old VDO with a chromey bucket

Latest posts

Back