1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to see her go. :(

I hope you'll stick around. You're an asset to this board, the very definition of tenacity and an inspiration to people (like me) who have far fewer obstacles to hurdle!

Whoooa, you blew me out of the water with that one, Torchie. I'm saddened to see it go away, maybe forever.
You have a masters vision and that darn truck was putty in your hands.
I hope you will be using your voice on this forum, even without the truck.
Good Luck.

Thanks Gang.
I have reached a point with the build that to get it to the next level would have taken a lot of cash. Even doing all of it myself.
I have also reached a point with my health that working on this type of project was just taking it's toll. I spent a couple of days back in the wheel chair last week because I tore up my stump getting up off the floor after working on the project. I can't afford that kind of stuff anymore as every time something like that happens I take longer to bounce back. Plus it puts even that much more burden on my wife.
Whatever I do next I will be hard pressed to match this one for cool factor. But that may be my next challenge to overcome.:)
Would Like to start out with a driver although I have seen the start of a neat little gasser for sale near me.[ddd Maybe it's time to get my hot rod ya ya's out.
We will see.........
You will be hearing from me.
Torchie

I'm glad you got to build your dream truck as far as you did.
I too am saddened to hear of it leaving but understand.
Our old bodies won't let us do what we used to.
Looking forward to seeing your next ride.

too bad you don`t get to drive it, but you`ve built the base for an awesome car that will be enjoyed for decades. Hats off to you sir [cl and now onto the next please.... :D[P

Thanks Gang.:)
Bitter sweet time today as I packed up all the extras and put them in the cab for shipment to California with the truck.
And just as a reminder the truck gave me one last kiss in the form of a 6 inch long scratch on my arm.:eek:
Should be picked up in a day or so......
Torchie

Just curious, how did you manage to sell it that quickly and that far away?

Posted it on the hamb web site.
I had interest from as far away as Australia and Europe DJ. One of the more amazing things about the internet.
I also had a heavy weight custom builder who showed a lot of interest and messaged me some very complimentary comments. So that helped to cheer me up about selling it.:)
I had it priced realistically. Some might say too cheap and others would say too much. [S I read classified car ads like some people watch the news and prices right now for projects are in my estimation high and there is a ton of stuff out there for sale. And most of it is not selling.
I do this as a hobby so as long as I cover my costs and put a few bucks in my pocket I'm satisfied.
That may be the stumbling block to my next effort how ever as every one thinks that their stuff is made of GOLD even though they are far from being finished.....
Torchie

Congrats on the sale. I hope the next owner can do the truck justice and finish it right. Maybe you could convince the next guy to start a thread on here or the HAMB to document the finishing.

What do you have in mind for the next project?

-Chris

I want to start out with something that is already driveable Chris.
I have been looking and so far nothing has grabbed my attention. And of course once I get something I then have to avoid the thought of cutting it all apart....[ddd
We will see....
Torchie

Just an update to let everyone know that I'm still around.[ddd
Custom is still in the garage awaiting transport to Cali. I'm still looking around for something to work on that's father along then my custom was but so far no luck.
Now I remember why I started out with stuff bound for the scrap piles. Everyone wants $$$$$ for all of their treasures.:rolleyes:
Maybe things will look better in the fall when everyone realizes that they have to store their stuff for yet another winter.
Thanks for looking in......
Torchie

The further along part makes me think of my neighbor. He bought a running, driving '84 El Camino.

So far he has found soft copper brake lines connected with plumbing compression fittings. Wiring that is probably going to burn it down. '80's cars had lots of vacuum operated and controlled stuff - none of which works. 1" wheel spacers on the rear with Ford bolt pattern. Oil pressure gauge that shows 20 psi at 2000 rpm. But none of that is really a problem, because it just quit running when he was on the freeway.

Anyhow, be patient and choose well.

The further along part makes me think of my neighbor. He bought a running, driving '84 El Camino.

So far he has found soft copper brake lines connected with plumbing compression fittings. Wiring that is probably going to burn it down. '80's cars had lots of vacuum operated and controlled stuff - none of which works. 1" wheel spacers on the rear with Ford bolt pattern. Oil pressure gauge that shows 20 psi at 2000 rpm. But none of that is really a problem, because it just quit running when he was on the freeway.

Anyhow, be patient and choose well.

I hear you DJ. I prefer to start with something that has been untouched for many of the reasons that you listed but though my spirit may yet be willing. My flesh has become weak.:eek: [ddd
I am in no hurry and will know the right project when I see it.
I have been looking at the start of a T-bucket that could be interesting and I have always wanted to build one of those since I was a kid putting together the "Kookie" T model kit.
Not a lot of body work to those and every thing tends to be out in the open where you can see it.:cool:
Who knows.......
Torchie

Latest posts

Back