'47 Dodge shop truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice work on the hidey hole....I must have missed that piece of your art on the tool box. Got a close-up on that Pops?

Very nice Pops [cl
Thanks. I try.

"Work smarter not harder" [cl

You old guys are really smart :p

It used to worry me about getting old, now I'm just glad I still kicking and getting older. Don't look now but I think you qualify a little more than I do for the "old guys".

Good idea. Great execution.[cl

Thanks. I did the same thing to the '48 too and it was really a handy thing.

Very nice work on the hidey hole....I must have missed that piece of your art on the tool box. Got a close-up on that Pops?

Thanks. Here's a close up. Just something different.

Attachments

• IMG_4532.jpg
    IMG_4532.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 41
I must have been snoozing when you painted the ram skull. So you're an airbrush artist as well? Nice.

I do just enough of the airbrush thing to know I'm not very good at it. The skull turned out pretty good from a distance.

Who me [S

You who? I call getting old, "Living the dream". You wake up in another world of your own every day, IF YOU'RE LUCKY!!!!!

I haven't been posting much POPS but still watching your build.
There is a 46-47 for sale near me. Every time I look at the ad I think of your fine ride.[cl [cl
[P [P [P
Torchie

You're just too modest
Looks great to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks. That's some thing I think I would enjoy doing if I just took the time to get a little practice in. May be when I get old and can't build anything I'll do that while sitting on my butt.

I haven't been posting much POPS but still watching your build.
There is a 46-47 for sale near me. Every time I look at the ad I think of your fine ride.[cl [cl
[P [P [P
Torchie

Thanks Torchie. Hope you're doing alright these days.
What kind of money do they want for the Dodge in your area? I might be interested if the price is reasonable and it's in fair shape.

I got the prop rods in place to hold the lids open and I put a locking handle in the floor plate to match the tool box/fuel cell/battery box. Keyed the same. Calling this part done.

Attachments

• IMG_0732.jpg
    IMG_0732.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0733.jpg
    IMG_0733.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0735.jpg
    IMG_0735.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0738.jpg
    IMG_0738.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Not a lot going on so I make an air cleaner that is a little different than everyone else has. Kind of a lie right now but the 408 stroker is going to happen.

Attachments

• IMG_0742.jpg
    IMG_0742.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0749.jpg
    IMG_0749.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0753 (2).jpg
    IMG_0753 (2).jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0756.jpg
    IMG_0756.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 42
Gathering parts for 408 stroker.....

I found a 5.9 magnum block out of a 2003 Dodge pick up for my engine build.
Low miles in great shape. Took it to the machine shop Friday for boring, decking, align bore etc.. Won't be long till I will be ready to build a big inch small block 408.

I never get tired of getting new parts delivered. Got another air gap intake,
a 750 cfm carb and a cam with springs and lifters.

NOTE TO SELF.......That torch flame is hotter than HELL-O!!!!!!!!! Keep fingers away!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0773.jpg
    IMG_0773.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0776.jpg
    IMG_0776.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0782.jpg
    IMG_0782.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0785.jpg
    IMG_0785.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 38
Just cause I'm not builder active doesn't mean you have to take my place on the injury list POPS.:eek:
I got used to wearing gloves when grinding because I would rub my bare hand over the freshly ground area to feel for smoothness.[ddd
Take care......
Torchie

Latest posts

Back