31 Chevy sedan hot rat build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice tech and nice build...

looks like your on your way....keep up the good work.....and the pic's are perfect.....I gotta get a phone like your's....mine is for crap taking pics....:(

I think you gotta break the project down in to a bunch of little sub-projects and not worry about the big picture. Plus you will get lots of encouragement here at RRR.

Yeah, what Bob said! Break it down and if you get burned out on a particular phase just move over and work on something else.....and yes you'll get plenty of encouragement, especially from me :D I'm loving this build already[cl[cl

Also found a 350 and 4spd trans for $50 about 20min down the road from me that i think i'll get just for mock up.

Oh, by the way I'll be wanting that four speed when you're done with your mock up [S Where can I pick it up :D

Carry on sir! [P[P[P

Just got an I Phone 4 and I can't believe how nice the pics came out.

Yea if i get burned out i'll just go and finish up the twin set up on my Duramax.

I'd really like to run the 4spd b/c i'd love to have a manual vehicle again. But not sure if i want to go through the hastle of the clutch and all that bs.

Got a little more done tonight now that the girlfriend has gone home.*

c6e4e32b-ff6f-4d16.jpg

c6e4e32b-ff93-9b62.jpg

c6e4e32b-ffb4-7fff.jpg

c6e4e32b-ffc5-1f5a.jpg

c6e4e32b-ffd4-fbd1.jpg

c6e4e32b-ffeb-feef.jpg

c6e4e32b-0016-4b0d.jpg

c6e4e32b-002e-4a9b.jpg

c6e4e32b-0049-a8a8.jpg

c6e4e32b-0062-60d5.jpg

Needed to move some stuff around in the garage to get a motor out that's buried in the back so figured I'd put some supports in the body. Also going from upside down on the ground, to where it sits now, was quite the adventure when doing it by yourself. Also here's a little preview of the front axle.*

a6898f92-dc0c-33d5.jpg

a6898f92-dc22-32f0.jpg

a6898f92-dc61-0f6f.jpg

a6898f92-dcde-fd29.jpg

a6898f92-dc99-2e7f.jpg

a6898f92-dcb7-2afc.jpg

a6898f92-dcca-1b3e.jpg

your makn your front axle out of that bigass chain? I can't wait to see this. Plz elaborate when you do it.

keep up the good work brother

I like your build so far. Looks like you are well on your way.

I think your dirtymax has a camber issue in the front end!:D

Lol yup. I'll have Some left over too and may work that in somewhere else on the front end. Ive also got some smaller chain that will also be worked into the build.

Thanks. Yea the fixing the camber is about third on my list, still need to finish my twin set up.

So after 4 years the Chevy made its way to MASS

Attachments

• IMAG0005.jpg
    IMAG0005.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMAG0025.jpg
    IMAG0025.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMAG0003.jpg
    IMAG0003.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMAG0002.jpg
    IMAG0002.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMAG0009.jpg
    IMAG0009.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 18
  • IMAG0012.jpg
    IMAG0012.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 17
Plans are to run no fenders while powering it with a lt1 from a 95 Chevy impala ss as my donor car. The car is sitting in the backyard half apart do to it being a parts car so I figured my dad and i will put the drive train to god use.. So all said and done I will have nearly 100% Chevy parts in it and one bad 1931 Chevy ss. Winter is my time to start building so until then I'm just doing my research and saving alil extra. Any opinions or thoughts on what you would do is appreciated thanks

Looks like a good start, at least yours was a roller. I had to load my 31 piece by piece into my trailer to get it home. I'm interested in seeing your front axle. Chevys are cool, aside from all the damned wood. I replaced all the wood in my 31 with 1" square tubing and 10 ga sheet metal. My 33, which is my first build I used 1x2 rectangular which is fine aside from not being able to use door windows...yet.

Thanks definitely a lot of work. Haha who needs windows anyway. It's nice they welded dolly wheels for easy moving around. the doors are tacked shut for bracing that only got partially done , a lot more to go. Do you have any pictures of how you did it or a build thread for personal refrence. The body will also need patches all around

I just plan on using the drop axle for the front with the Chevy disc brake kit. I'm leaving a lot of those decisions for my dad cause he's the mechanic/fabricator I'm the student and the the bank

Latest posts

Back