Mini Muscle Car

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like hearing ya'lls thoughts on your projects and how you decide which to tackle for "today"... I'm sure many of you are not thinking about all the things that you do. We all have multiple projects going on. Outside of working for someone else, I don't set time limits. Other people may try to hurry you but if it's "your" project, there is no reason to hurry. I'm reminded of the adage "The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get". I take that into consideration every day. My process is to clear the house first thing, walk around in sight of all the stuff going on, my mind settles on what I'm willing to work on that particular day. If I'm not feeling a project today, I won't start in. I think I have to be "into" it to make any headway.

I love the line from the Tom Selleck movie "Crossfire Trail"- "Slow down, you'll have a more harmonious outcome." Probably is safe to say that for most all of us it's about the journey. ;)

News From the North

Primed the bare block (.060 over 350 sbc). Rather than watching more paint dry, here's a shot of a couple crows and a bunny having lunch at my expense.

Biopsy came back. Gonna do some cutting on the face tomorrow. Been there, done that before. It ain't too bad.

Attachments

• crows 001.jpg
    crows 001.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 19
Good luck with the face problem Bob... I go to the derm doc every six months and they are always taking something off. The doc gets mad at me cause every time I show up I'm as dark as Buckwheat.....and I'm a white guy.

I always felt..... ahh skin cancer that's ******** but you have to stay on top of that stuff. My accountant got some skin cancer.....the real bad stuff and he is no longer with us. I had no idea that some skin cancers could be so aggressive.

You guys that don't go....especially if your in he sun alot better make that appointment.

Daubed a little black paint on the block. The front suspension and steering is all in. Waiting for the engine and trans.

The doc made a quarter size divot in my sideburn area. Pulled the skin together and sewed her up. I got a free facelift on one side out of the deal.

Attachments

• motor black 001.jpg
    motor black 001.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 27
  • motor black 002.jpg
    motor black 002.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 27
  • motor black 003.jpg
    motor black 003.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 30
I know about little steps [;)

Glad the surgery went well [c. My wife is going through the same thing, x8 but on the legs ;)
Heal well [P

Good progress.
My last go round with the skin cancer surgery cost me a good part of one ear.
We all need to pay attention to that stuff. It can get real serious if not taken care of.

Inflation

Thanks for the good vibes, guys. I get the stitches out tomorrow. I'm beginning to look like one of my favorite singers known as the Last Knife Fighter.

I'm the process of gathering parts to assemble the 358 sbc for the Renault. I have a solid lifter cam but misplaced the lifters. A call to Speedway informed me that they can't get the $72.00 set anymore. Instead I coughed up $170.00 for a set of Comp Cams lifters. And they're probably made out of old Toyotas and pot metal with some bat guano thrown in. Oh those crafty Chinese.

This hobby is getting expensive.

Good to hear you're on the mend Bob, nothing like some autocrafting therapy to help getting back up to speed :D
Yep, every time I buy parts, they cost more, even SB Chevys are no longer cheap to build :(

Glad you are on the mend Bob. I hear ya on the cost of things. Just be glad you live in the U.S. I checked Summit for three little 6 AN fuel fittings not only do we add 35% to the U.S. price but it was $60. of your money to ship $38. worth of parts up here.��

The Doc is a very good seamstress. Can hardly see the scar.

Project delayed. I was ready to pop the Vortec heads on but thought I would check them for valve to seat sealing. Poured gas in the ports and viola, leakage. So off they went to the engine shop where they will stay for about a month. Had to get in the queue.

I have shifted back to the Hupmobile roadster for a bit.

Latest posts

Back