Opinions needed

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

howiess2000

Hey all,

Take a look at these picture of my 29. As you can see , the body is in pretty decent shape, but there are a couple of holes where it rusted thru.
What is your opinion? Should I fix the holes or just hit the car with a basic flat primer and be done with it.

I realize that rust is the beauty of rat rods. I just think my OCD is getting in the way of making a good choice. :D

So lets hear it, what would you do?

Attachments

• IMG_1692.jpg
    IMG_1692.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1693.jpg
    IMG_1693.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 50
Holy Moly, if ya don't fix that quick, you're likely to lose the whole passenger side rear quarter...[ddd:D

I think I got gaps in some of my welds bigger than that hole.

Sorry man! I didn't mean to make fun of you. That would be behind the tire, but you'd know it was there. It would be an easy to fix deal. A good place to practice if you need it. It wouldn't hurt a thing to leave it really other than it will continue to rust as time goes by. Personally, I'd fix it just to keep that body nice.

I'm seeing a common theme here. I appreciate all the feed back. I do want to get the car running and I want to enjoy it,but I'm going to listen to your feed back and fix the rust. Thanks guys and stay tuned. :D

Those guys are just being nice, because they don't want to hurt your feelings. This is a total piece of junk that no sane person would try to use. I can stop by to haul it off for you. Just say the word. [ddd

I'd fix it. Unless I wanted the ratty Swiss cheese look, then I would treat the heck out of it with rust inhibitor.

I would repair it, but it’s down low and usually people don’t notice things down low. What colour are if your painting it if you decide to paint it

Latest posts

Back