MACKAZs 22 Buick model 45 Rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We'll nothing achieved apart from selling off my daughters unloved motorcycles and all the riding gear. Didn't realise it but my little welder I Use gasless had a gas line wound up inside it. So I promptly got that out and, yep gas comes out the torch! Bonus. Now need to get a smaller roll of wire cos the 15kg won't go in it. I'm off downcountry tomorrow for couple of days so that's those nights shot. Has anyone on here built a seatback into a tub like mine? Needing ideas...

Engine has been knawing away at me for a while now, (never heard it running, bought on promise it was a runner from mate of old mans) so last night thought I'd have a go at firing it up, well, fired basically first crank once it pumped fuel up. Has a tired lifter but apart from that she's all good, auto also seems to pump fine because it blew one of my hose bungs out.
Big mess to clean up now haha

I must admit that hearing it burbling away has got me amped up. Off to work for the Saturday morning grind. Fingers crossed the rain stays away and I can get it outside and finish the top right side body "line" for lack of a better word

Pictures!!!
1 completed top rail
2 rear body half join
3 floor tunnel etc
4 up under the cowl join
5 right hand lower cowl patch
6 left hand lower cowl patch
7 the next mission, the left top rail...

AAARRRGGGGHHHH

Attachments

• IMG_0686small.jpg
    IMG_0686small.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0687small.jpg
    IMG_0687small.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0688small.jpg
    IMG_0688small.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0689small.jpg
    IMG_0689small.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0690small.jpg
    IMG_0690small.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0691small.jpg
    IMG_0691small.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0692small.jpg
    IMG_0692small.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 52
Box section purchased, 2 lengths, benefit of my new employer is we service their vehicles, they discount our steel!!! First length was $68, 2 lengths $80!!! CO2 bottle filled.. Check! Now stuck waiting on certifier (NZ have people who sign off your vehicle prior to issuing registration plates if the vehicle has/is been modified) to advise me of seatbelt mounting positions. I've had to do this by email because our local person is a complete to$$er, I asked him face to face and he told me "Next year, I'm too busy" so I bypassed him and went direct to the government agency. Hopefully the idiot up here loses his contract!!! Unimpressed!! Oh and the left sides in, finished, looks absolutely mint.

Box section purchased, 2 lengths, benefit of my new employer is we service their vehicles, they discount our steel!!! First length was $68, 2 lengths $80!!! CO2 bottle filled.. Check! Now stuck waiting on certifier (NZ have people who sign off your vehicle prior to issuing registration plates if the vehicle has/is been modified) to advise me of seatbelt mounting positions. I've had to do this by email because our local person is a complete to$$er, I asked him face to face and he told me "Next year, I'm too busy" so I bypassed him and went direct to the government agency. Hopefully the idiot up here loses his contract!!! Unimpressed!! Oh and the left sides in, finished, looks absolutely mint.

I hope tosser is newzealandese for a really bad word.

You're used to solving problems and jumping over hurdles on your build, MACKAZ. Don't let a little task of relocating pedals get you down.

Latest posts

Back