My '41 Ford PU build!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Photochopped/channeled

Well, here's where it sits now & here's the photochopped/channeled version of where I'm goin'!!! Photofaked sign too!

BoB

Attachments

• notchopped.jpeg
    notchopped.jpeg
    36.8 KB · Views: 178
  • Tripper's4sale.jpg
    Tripper's4sale.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 271
That's an amazing difference Bob. I like it alot. Can't wait to see this one done. I'm not smart enough to figure out the computer photoshop stuff. I'm probably better off though because I have to get my butt out in the shop and build it to actually see my visions manifested. If I could see them first on the computer without doing the metal work, I might get lazy.

... figure out the computer photoshop stuff. I'm probably better off though because I have to get my butt out in the shop and build it to actually see my visions manifested.

I might get lazy.

Gastrick,
It's very easy... I learned it!!! I'm workin' on a PS tutorial & several othres as we speak. It mite take a little while but I'll get it posted! It keeps me motivated to see what it will sorta look like. I'll have fenders & all & I mite hang those on shortly just to get a better idea!

BoB

Gastrick,
It's very easy... I learned it!!! I'm workin' on a PS tutorial & several othres as we speak. It mite take a little while but I'll get it posted! It keeps me motivated to see what it will sorta look like. I'll have fenders & all & I mite hang those on shortly just to get a better idea!

BoB

That's great. I'd like that tutorial. I've always wanted to be able to play with ideas in PS.

Channeling starts now!

After consulting with Don I have decided to brace my cab up & get on with cutting the flooring out of my cab to start the 4" channeling job for my truck. I was concerned I would not be able to get it as low as I wanted using the stock frame without Z'n it or anything but after my photoshop job it looks like it will be exactly what I was wanting. More to come...

BoB

Seeing your truck photos inspired me to start messing with the '39 Dodge today. Nothing serious, because I don't want to take time away from getting the T going, but I remounted the front axle and made some brackets for my friction shocks. I really can't wait until I can get back on it again........THANKS TRIPPER FOR GETTING ME ALL EXCITED AGAIN. :D :D

Yours is looking good. :)

Don

Thanks!

Seeing your truck photos inspired me to start messing with the '39 Dodge today. Nothing serious, because I don't want to take time away from getting the T going, but I remounted the front axle and made some brackets for my friction shocks. I really can't wait until I can get back on it again........THANKS TRIPPER FOR GETTING ME ALL EXCITED AGAIN. :D :D

Yours is looking good. :)

Don

Don,
Thanks & thanks for the advice. I can't wait to drop the cab down that 4". I think it will look really sharp & be *lo* down like I wanted. Gonna get some bracing tomorrow morning & work on it this weekend! Yipppeeee!!!

BoB

Don and Tripper getting each other all excited...:eek:

That just don't even come close to sounding right.:D

Um SKEERED,

Um berry, berry skeered...

Makes me want to get out in the garage!

I've been putting off working on my truck and it makes me want to start working on it again now! Thanks Tripper! Think I'll drag it out this weekend!

Babyface,
Drag it out, do a little work on it, and then post them here. You do know those pics are like "CRACK" around here right.

Hey, I just thought of something, (yes it hurt) make a quick intro post and tell us a little about what you got going on in your shop.

Bracing!

Today, I had to do a little *real* work 1st & then I pulled out my old crawdad welding cap & started bracing my cab up in preparation to cut the floors out for a 4" channel. I still need to brace the door openings from front to rear but that will have to wait 'til tomorrow as these old bones are hot & tired! Here's where I am so far... hopefully I can start cutting the floor out Monday or Tuesday!

BoB

Attachments

• brace4.jpg
    brace4.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 238
  • brace3.jpg
    brace3.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 209
  • brace2.jpg
    brace2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 198
  • brace5.jpg
    brace5.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 247
Woo Hoo. I love it when the cuttin starts Tripper. Are you going to try and use most of the stock floor with risers/fillers at the door openings and such or are you going to fab up a complete new floor?

New floor... here we come!!!

Woo Hoo. I love it when the cuttin starts Tripper. Are you going to try and use most of the stock floor with risers/fillers at the door openings and such or are you going to fab up a complete new floor?

Gastrick,
The cuttin' is always fun... it's the puttin' back together that can sometimes b a big pain! The old flooring has to go... gonna fab up a whole new beautiful floor!!!

BoB

Braced up...

Ok, had to do a little work this morning and just to show you what an exalted position I hold with my company... our office is on pier & beam & I had to go & bury a possum that had died under there!!! And you didn't think I had skills!!!

Anyway, i got her braced up & now am ready to start cutting the floors out! Yipppeeee! Where *is* my cuttin' equipment?!?!

BoB

Attachments

• crossbrace1.jpg
    crossbrace1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 278
  • crossbrace2.jpg
    crossbrace2.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 237
  • fullbrace.jpg
    fullbrace.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 292

Latest posts