IronRat's Super 88

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
earthman - I did look at the 3 bar version of those hubcaps and I thought about painting the back panel.

I think it's down to the hollywood flipper or the full moons.

As soon as I replenish the build fund, I'll get the dual exhaust on.

Took my 1st serious cruise. Drove 130 mi. round trip to see my folks. Mostly highway. It was designed to be a Hwy cruiser and my does that very well.

To keep flow with ChicagoLand traffic you will go 75-80mph to keep up with the flow and you will get passed by Tracker Trailers, Soccer Moms, school busses and Senior Citizens

It ran cool, rode smooth and really responded well at the prevailing Hwy speeds. I few more nice days are in our local forecast. Then It goes into storage until next April.

Mom's 85 and the 1st words she said were they should have never stopped making vent windows. :D

Last edited:
vents

my dad said the same thing about the kick panel vents on the mack, nice OLDS by the way

Finished the Dual Exhaust:

I used Flowmaster 50's vs. the OEM Muffler & resonator combo.

Real happy with the fit. Maybe 1/2" lower than the Stock muffler. Just the right sound, nice low grumble, just enough.

I had thought about Bellflowers but the Leaf Springs prevented that. I also thought about bringing the pipes out of the Rear Bumper, back-up light cut outs like a '59 corvette. Just too much engineering.

*** Thanks to Dave at State Road Auto Repair, Lakemoor, il. for a job well done! Dominic has a great crew. While daily drivers are their bread & butter, they welcome the chance to do custom work. Honest guys, great results, fair price.

NEXT UP - New gas tank sending unit & shocks.

Last edited:
1959 Fins!!

Sweet Olds! My folks had a '59, white w the baby blue secondary color. My 5'2" mother drove it and got one of the big fins clipped while it was angle parked one day by a big truck. Slept in the rear window tray Im sure. Don't need no stinkin air bags. Enjoy it, they don't make em like that no more.[dr

Thanks Guys

Sam - Not every great idea gets past the drawing board. ;)

I think I'll put the Flowmaster angle cut tips on:

They should look nice with the lines of the car.

Last edited:
Much better

They look like they stick out too far from this angle. From the top looking down they are even with the end off the bumper

Last edited:
Got the generator rebuild and put back in today.

Also got the Wheels back from the local powder coat guy and put on the Coker WWs 235/75R-14s.

Latest posts

Back