Traffic Pix

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirty58

cool rod I seen in traffic......

second pic is a lil' dark

Attachments

• flickas 010.jpg
    flickas 010.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 1,839
  • flickas 003.jpg
    flickas 003.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 1,040
We should see more rods actually being driven and used. When I moved to California in the late '70's I thought I would be seeing hot rods on every corner. Never saw one in daily use. Same here in Florida now, rarely if ever see one.

Me, I drove mine every day, to work, the grocery store, etc. Gonna do the same thing when the new T is running.

Thanks for posting that, looks like a nice lil Tudor.

Don

Build it... drive it!!!

We should see more rods actually being driven and used. When I moved to California in the late '70's I thought I would be seeing hot rods on every corner. Never saw one in daily use. Same here in Florida now, rarely if ever see one.

Me, I drove mine every day, to work, the grocery store, etc. Gonna do the same thing when the new T is running.

Don

Me too. I drive my Chevelle every day... it's a driver. After I go the Niftee 50ee's car show on Sat nites & see all those cars... I wonder why I never see them on the street! People here bring them out sometimes on the weekend or ragtops out on pretty days but other than that...

WHen I finish my '41 PU... it will b my new driver!

BoB

When I moved to Cape Coral in about '85, there was a guy who is a local real estate agent, Phil Deems. He has a fenderless '27 Ford roadster pickup that he built in 1958, and it has remained unchanged since then. He even drove it to the first Street Rod Nationals.

I would see Phil driving his T to work every day, necktie flying in the breeze, and he was my hero. I swore when I got mine running I would do exactly that, and I did, for 7 years. When I look back on the last 7 years that my rod has been torn down for a rebuild, I can't imagine why that happened. But I can guarantee that this new T will be on the road daily when it is done.

I was just telling Dan that he has no idea how much fun he will have once his is running. Even trips to the grocery store become an adventure, and when you pull up next to an expensive sports car at a redlight, suddenly nobody is looking at him. Rods are a blast to drive and use.

I would be driving along, and see a car next to me with the video camera recording my ride. That is a real blast.

Don

NOBODY here EVER drive anything interesting!! I do have one neighbour down the street who drives his '57 Caddy (looks like the day it was built or better!!) but that's IT! In Toronto you see lots of rods, nice cars in driveways and backyards but never actually being DRIVEN!

it takes a special person to drive an old car every day. I'll admit, half the time i cop out and just get a ride from my wife :rolleyes: . Don't worry though, if i can get some more stuff done to my truck i'll probably start driving it more.

Around here there are still some hardcore guys that drive um daily,But they are getting far and few between.You see most of them on the weekends going to get breakfast or just heading for a nice ride.

I would drive one of my cars to work if there was a safe place to park it. I have to park in a public parking lot. I also have to use my car for work and can't afford the gas bill. My Biscayne only gets 7 miles to the gallon. My dailey driver was a 2500 Dodge Ram but since I had to start using my car for work, I got a Toyota Yaris. Gas bill went from $200 a month to $40 a month.

Wow & wow!!!

My Biscayne only gets 7 miles to the gallon. My dailey driver was a 2500 Dodge Ram but since I had to start using my car for work, I got a Toyota Yaris. Gas bill went from $200 a month to $40 a month.

Gasser,
Wow... Biscayne - 7mpg
Wow... $200 down to $40

That's incredible!!! What u gots in dat Biscayne?!?!

BoB

Gasser,
Wow... Biscayne - 7mpg
Wow... $200 down to $40

BoB

Tripper,You would not beleive it until you seen it.I worked for Toyota for over 11 years as a service tech.All the small 4 Cyl's are the best cars you can own if you have to commute.They get Killer gas milage and just about maintenence free.

IMO

Just been there and done that

Gasser,
Wow... Biscayne - 7mpg
Wow... $200 down to $40

BoB
It's got a 60 over 454 with ported Merlin Heads and a Extreme Energy 274 cam. It's also got dual quads, which run 1 to 1. I'd get better mileage if I went to a single 4 barrel, but I like multi carburation. Small blocks can get away with running the rear carb on a dual quad setup, but big blocks will lean out the front cylinders and run hot.
A friend of mine runs dual quads on his big block 34' Ford coupe. He saw my setup and switched to 1 to 1. His temp dropped 15 degrees.

It's got a 60 over 454 with ported Merlin Heads and a Extreme Energy 274 cam. It's also got dual quads, which run 1 to 1. I'd get better mileage if I went to a single 4 barrel, but I like multi carburation. Small blocks can get away with running the rear carb on a dual quad setup, but big blocks will lean out the front cylinders and run hot.
A friend of mine runs dual quads on his big block 34' Ford coupe. He saw my setup and switched to 1 to 1. His temp dropped 15 degrees.

Gasser,
That splanes alot! Dual-quad BB... wowsers!!!

BoB

Hairse!

This chick is a haircutter & calls this a Hairse!!! ; - >

Oh yeah... ck the license plate... RRR 55. Guess I better go "borrow" those later!!! ; - >

BoB

Attachments

• venusfront.jpg
    venusfront.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 299
  • venusside.jpg
    venusside.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 338
I just found these. Not that great but they are rolling traffic pics.

My dad in his car taken out the rear window of my Anglia.

Some other cars. Taken out the front window of my Anglia.

Freeway shots

Ok, Gastrick posted his driving shots so here's some I shot coming home for lunch. A '70 Mazda Rotary 2-door. It sounded pretty kool!

BoB

Attachments

• rm1.jpg
    rm1.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 160
  • rm2.jpg
    rm2.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 140
  • rm3.jpg
    rm3.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 103

Latest posts