Hello from Covington, Georgia

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

franktiregod

I found this site on a google search today. Apparently I had found it and registered back in 2013. Dont know why I never found my way back but I am glad to be here.

I love cars. I am a Mopar man but like just about anything. I currently own a 1959 Ford Custom 300, a 1968 Dodge D200 Camper Special, and a 1966 Plymouth Valiant that is a radio/heater delete car. That is in addition to my motorcycles and other cars that come and go.

I bought the truck 8 weeks ago. It was in good shape body wise but had been sitting for years. I will post pics of when I got it and what it looks like now. I still have several things to do to it but it looks good and runs great.

The 59 Ford was purchased a few years ago and I use it as a daily driver.

The Plymouth has been with me for 20 years. I have many parts for a restoration but have so much fun with it as-is that I dont want to tear it down.

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 21.JPG
    21.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 48.jpg
    48.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 22
Welcome from Central Tejas! Nice rides you got there & especially love the Dodge PU in the last photo! Keep us posted!!!

BoB

Thank you all

The Valiant is a 273 V8, automatic, radio and heater delete car.

The Duster in the background belongs to a friend of mine. His dad bought it new then passed it to him as his first car back in the 80's. When I met him in 1990 he was thinking about getting it painted and I uttered the words "why dont you restore it?"

Those words set off 4 years of working on that car and it hasnt stopped to this day since he has very little mechanical ability.

It was pouring water from the transmission area. I pulled the trans to replace the leaking freeze plug in the back of the engine.

Attachments

• 47.jpg
    47.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 54.jpg
    54.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 11
Having friends like you can go both ways [ddd
All kidding aside, if everyone had someone that would help them there would be more projects like the Duster [cl:cool:

Having friends like you can go both ways [ddd
All kidding aside, if everyone had someone that would help them there would be more projects like the Duster [cl:cool:

Actually it can. Because when I finished the work, I did a burnout in front of my house with it. Just to make sure the work was done right, of course. LOL

The funny part is my son owns the house next door. I pulled through his yard and did the burnout from his driveway. So the mark looked like it came from HIS house. He asked me if I left that mark and I laughed and said yep, I framed you.

He got stopped by the police in his bright orange street/strip Mustang about three weeks ago for a "noise" violation just a half mile from home. :)

Latest posts

Back