Hi all

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wiring

I got lost in the wiring bought a 12 circuit harness . with pretty much no clue on how to use it then a friend came by and told me I didn't need that . we went to napa bought I list he had and he is wiring it at his house . cant what to here it running.

pic

having a little trouble with pic again. there is the seat that was made

Attachments

• seat 101.jpg
    seat 101.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 51
Good news and bad

Just started the motor first time and it ran . Bad news is no oil pressure, pulled the dist. Tried to prime with no luck . Will take it apart this weekend in hope that does it :confused:

Sorry to hear about you being a little light in the electrical department, but luckily you have friends; friends that are confident in their wiring skills. You shouldn't throw that wiring harness away though, I hear they are pretty nice to install. I have only wired cars like your friend is doing - one wire at a time - sometimes with Napa wire. I do have a wiring harness waiting for my next hotrod build - a '34 Plymouth five window coupe.
Keep on tinkering.

Welcome to the RRR....

Nice build...I agree you shouldn't toss the wiring harness....JMHO...bad about the oil pressure....sucks!....wiring is something that you need to really be careful on...although these vehicles are a far sight easier than a stock or muscle car redo...keep it simple and consider using relays wherever possible for any fans, pumps or other high load stuff...again, nice build and welcome to the RRR...

wiring done

I will keep the harness for a little while . truck is running fine oil pressure all good now . now to finish the brakes and we are good to go I hope . there is still so small things to get done but nothing major . is there a section were there are things for sale on here .

have a problem need help

at about 25 to 30 mile and hour front wobbles back and forth I was able to slow down before it got to bad . checked angel on king pins about 8 degrees , now I never had the front wheels balanced who that be something to do . also not sure if I have the toe in right

Attachments

• 99.9 % finished.jpg
    99.9 % finished.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 42
Caster should be around 5*
Toe should be around 1/8 in
Tire balance at 25 to 30 is not an issue however, number one problem is if those are old tires then, you need to change them out. Tires was what caused mine to do the exact same thing.
Adding a steering stabilizer is another option.

toe in

well the toe in was in about 1 in maybe a little more now at 1/8 to 3/16 been driving it around , does not fill bad . did find out it needs king pins jacked it up tires wobble so will fix that . headers look really cool but are why to load . just about ready to build another one this winter .

front end

well putting in new spindles and bushings . balance front wheels , will fine out if that solves the wobble problem . as for the load pipes I made the in side muffles longer by 5 in and will wrap them to quit it down .

well putting in new spindles and bushings . balance front wheels , will fine out if that solves the wobble problem . as for the load pipes I made the in side muffles longer by 5 in and will wrap them to quit it down .

It's called "death wobble" & is a common problem! I always use a dampner & that eliminates that problem.

BoB

Latest posts

Back