28 Fast Four build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been awhile since I updated. Went back to work on the fourth and my knee started protesting on the fifth. I sucked it up and worked till last Friday and the Doc said no more for at least three weeks:mad::mad:Looks like a t 64 you just can't jump back in at full steam with out consequences.

It's taken a while but I got the rear shock mounts designed and fabbed up. I used 1"sq tubing with a 1/2"threaded rod nut welded in the end to give lots of thread and lots of strength, the cuts in the tubing allow a length wise weld to support the load . Then 1/4"plate welded to the inside of the four bar axle mount for the lower.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Assembley 001.jpg
    Resize of Assembley 001.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Resize of Assembley 002.jpg
    Resize of Assembley 002.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 48
  • Resize of Assembley 003.jpg
    Resize of Assembley 003.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Resize of Assembley 004.jpg
    Resize of Assembley 004.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Resize of Assembley 006.jpg
    Resize of Assembley 006.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Resize of Assembley 007.jpg
    Resize of Assembley 007.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Resize of Assembley 008.jpg
    Resize of Assembley 008.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Resize of Assembley 009.jpg
    Resize of Assembley 009.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 44
And an update on the 440, I got the block back from the machine shop, cam bearings, frost plugs a a double run through the acid tank to clean the coolant passages. I also picked up a set of good head castings that I have to take in to get a couple guides installed and a valve grind.

And a video. https://youtu.be/lkbKe0BsgQ4

attachment.php

attachment.php

Crank is installed

attachment.php

attachment.php

And here is a look at the center cam bearing, really makes a guy re-think running a motor that has sat for a long while. That would have been a catastrophic failure. :eek:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Assembley 014.jpg
    Resize of Assembley 014.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Resize of Assembley 015.jpg
    Resize of Assembley 015.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Resize of Assembley 016.jpg
    Resize of Assembley 016.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 45
  • Resize of Assembley 017.jpg
    Resize of Assembley 017.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Resize of Assembley 020.jpg
    Resize of Assembley 020.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 47
Those Drs are a bunch of quacks. And they don't even give you any kind of warranty! That being said I found after 3 knee surgeries that if you kinda do what they say for the first month or so things tend to go better. Hang in there it gets better!!

That cam bearing looks exactly like the ones in my 440, uggggly!
I'm kinda hooked on Mopar power in the long run.

Nice job on the shock mounts. I'm going to file that one away for future use.[cl :D :cool:
I personally have NEVER had good luck with a motor that has set for a long time.
You see all these posts about" This engine hasn't run since 19 blah, blah, blah and it fired up on the first crank with new gas." "And it had 70 lbs of oil pressure and all the cylinders had great compression too.":eek::p
I guess its just not my type of luck.
Take the time to heal up properly, please. I speak from experience here.:eek:
[P [P [P
Torchie

great video! that center bearing should make a dynamite keychain because it doesnt belong anywhere near a motor haha

Thanks Joe, I think I will hang it on the wall.

Those Drs are a bunch of quacks. And they don't even give you any kind of warranty! That being said I found after 3 knee surgeries that if you kinda do what they say for the first month or so things tend to go better. Hang in there it gets better!!

That cam bearing looks exactly like the ones in my 440, uggggly!
I'm kinda hooked on Mopar power in the long run.

This Dr is really good, I did everything I was told to physio 3 times a week, exercised the hell out of it and it felt great when I went back to work, I think I just took for under estimated how much stress my job puts on the ole knee.

Nice job on the shock mounts. I'm going to file that one away for future use.[cl :D :cool:
I personally have NEVER had good luck with a motor that has set for a long time.
You see all these posts about" This engine hasn't run since 19 blah, blah, blah and it fired up on the first crank with new gas." "And it had 70 lbs of oil pressure and all the cylinders had great compression too.":eek::p
I guess its just not my type of luck.
Take the time to heal up properly, please. I speak from experience here.:eek:
[P [P [P
Torchie

Thanks Torchie, ya I hve never had much luck with old motors either. And yes I will be taking it easy.

That 440 will be terrific. Get the rest you need Dozer. [P

Thanks BMan

nice! and I love the fact it has the big Mopar on board [cl

one little thing of consideration... on the trans you may want to replace the seals on the kickdown and gear selector shafts... they tend to leak and are a pain to replace in the car...

nice! and I love the fact it has the big Mopar on board [cl

one little thing of consideration... on the trans you may want to replace the seals on the kickdown and gear selector shafts... they tend to leak and are a pain to replace in the car...

Thanks Dutch it was a lot of work to get rid of all the Ford blue over the Chrysler blue. That's a good idea on those deals.

Yes they were awesome to deal with. And yes I'm going to do the break in with the carb, I know it works and I don't want to add the fuel injection into the mix. I can't afford it right now anyhow. 😁😁

You're smarter than you look. ;)

I really like the hemi orange, BTW. [cl

Latest posts

Back