28 Fast Four build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mailman came yesterday with some goodies. I was looking for something different for a pull on the glove box door and found these cool Ram drawer handles.

attachment.php

Wheels are Wheel Viniques Gennies 15x6 and 15x7 I ordered them in gray primmer cuz I want to get them powder coated not sure on color but I'm open to suggestions.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I might have screwed up on my backset measurement after measuring 25 times. Maybe I can roll the fenders out a bit, or I might have to cut the centers out and move them out 1/2"

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Wheels 005.jpg
    Resize of Wheels 005.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 62
  • Resize of Wheels 001.jpg
    Resize of Wheels 001.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 64
  • Resize of Wheels 002.jpg
    Resize of Wheels 002.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 65
  • Resize of Wheels 003.jpg
    Resize of Wheels 003.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 64
  • Resize of Wheels 004.jpg
    Resize of Wheels 004.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 63
wheels are perfect! [cl

I like ruby red, a darker red. silver or ivory would look good too

on your backspace, its probably right, looks like tire bulge is what is sticking out

I might have screwed up on my backset measurement after measuring 25 times. Maybe I can roll the fenders out a bit, or I might have to cut the centers out and move them out 1/2"

Perfect as is.

Wheels are Wheel Viniques Gennies 15x6 and 15x7 I ordered them in gray primmer cuz I want to get them powder coated not sure on color but I'm open to suggestions.

Two words... Moon discs.

If I was you shop teacher you'd get an A+ on your Essex.[cl

wheels are perfect! [cl

on your backspace, its probably right, looks like tire bulge is what is sticking out

Perfect as is.

Two words... Moon discs.

I agree with the above. But as we like to say around here "It's your car."
If you widen the fender again are you going to be happy with the running board alignment with the fender or are you going to widen those as well? Which in turn leads to ........
I love the moon discs. I always thought they belonged on hot rods and not customs.
[P [P [P
Torchie

If I was you shop teacher you'd get an A+ on your Essex.[cl
\
Thanks a bunch Bob

wheels are perfect! [cl

you are correct the bulge is what is sticking out, but dropping the bags 3 inches puts the tire into the out side of the fender.

Perfect as is.

Two words... Moon discs.

Moon discs not so much, but definitly a hub cap of some kind.

I agree with the above. But as we like to say around here "It's your car."
If you widen the fender again are you going to be happy with the running board alignment with the fender or are you going to widen those as well? Which in turn leads to ........
I love the moon discs. I always thought they belonged on hot rods and not customs.
[P [P [P
Torchie

Don't want to widen the fenders again, as you say that change way too many other things, that why I was thinking rolling the vertical part of the fenders out slightly for clearance anyone tried that?

I`m for either ivory or high gloss black 2K paint with dog dish caps :cool:

Any color plans for the 440 yet?

The 440 I'm pretty sure is going to be the old Hemi orange. I'm liking ivory, a red of some kind and the wife is suggesting a burnt orange, and there will be a dog dish style hub cap.

Don't want to widen the fenders again, as you say that change way too many other things, that why I was thinking rolling the vertical part of the fenders out slightly for clearance anyone tried that?

Well........
Don't laugh.
When I was a young hooligan the local LEOS would pull you over for every little thing they could find Like no plate light or tires sticking out beyond the fenders.
To "Flare" a set of rear fenders on a neighbors Model A I used a big crescent wrench ( or and adjustable spanner as our Brit friends call it ) to Roll the outer edge of the fender out.
I started at the lower rear edge and about every 1/4 inch or so would put the fender lip in the jaws of the crescent and pull out on the handle causing the lip to flare. I did it in several passes, avoiding the urge to just crank on it .(The impatience of youth).LOL
Then I went after it with a hammer and dolly to smooth things out.It turned out alright for a bunch of teenage punks.:eek:
Don't use channel locks as the tendency is to squeeze the handle crushing the bead around the fender lip.
I told you not to laugh....[ddd
Torchie
p.s Bear in mind the you will be stretching the metal and it will change the shape of things somewhat. And this gives you more of a flared look. May not be what you are going for.

Last edited:
I vote ivory on the wheels. Red and black are overused too much IMHO.

We used to take a wooden baseball bat and put it between the tire and fender lip, the roll the car forward and backward to get a bit of clearance for wider tires. The bat won't gouge it, and you slowly pull upward on it as the car rolls to get the wider gap. Worked great on Mustangs and Camaros.

I vote ivory on the wheels. Red and black are overused too much IMHO.

We used to take a wooden baseball bat and put it between the tire and fender lip, the roll the car forward and backward to get a bit of clearance for wider tires. The bat won't gouge it, and you slowly pull upward on it as the car rolls to get the wider gap. Worked great on Mustangs and Camaros.

Great tip Bama.
Sometimes I like to do things the hard way.:D
Torchie

We used to take a wooden baseball bat and put it between the tire and fender lip, then roll the car forward and backward to get a bit of clearance for wider tires. The bat won't gouge it, and you slowly pull upward on it as the car rolls to get the wider gap. Worked great on Mustangs and Camaros.

I believe that is the origin and definition of a "rolled fender." [cl

There was a guy on a Maverick board I was on that bought the Eastwood version of that tool. After he got through with it, he rented it out to other board members. Deposit was the cost of the tool, rent was something like $10, that way he got his money back if somebody didn't return it, he kept their deposit. I had already used the baseball bat on mine, so I didn't need it.

There was a guy on a Maverick board I was on that bought the Eastwood version of that tool. After he got through with it, he rented it out to other board members. Deposit was the cost of the tool, rent was something like $10, that way he got his money back if somebody didn't return it, he kept their deposit. I had already used the baseball bat on mine, so I didn't need it.

Princess Auto has a fender rolling tool that might work for you. And its on sale this month!

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/fender-roller-tool/A-p8655888e

Thanks sc5080 I'm gonna look into it.

minitruckers used to use bats, but it takes a few "practice swings" to keep from creasing it.

I don't have a baseball bat and one would probably cost me as much as the tool.

After the drive shaft discussion, I deceided to use what I had, the drive shaft I had in the corner of the shop that fit the yoke for the 727 is 4"diameter. 24 inches center to center on the joints.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Shaft 003.jpg
    Resize of Shaft 003.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 55
  • Resize of Shaft 004.jpg
    Resize of Shaft 004.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 54