28 Fast Four build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good News in a couple of forms today. [cl[cl Surgery opens up next Wednesday and my turn is at noon.
Second good news was a buddy dropped off a really nice addition to add to the back of the RR this cool Model A trunk rack.

attachment.php

I also Got another delivery in the mail. Six gauge set of Gauges with GPS Speedo in metric.

attachment.php

And on my second attempt at interior paint, the Rustoleum hammered finish was a flop, I'm going with Rat Rod Bob Builds formula for bare metal steel. Start out with a solid layer of flat black baked in the sun for 4 hours then a rag soaked in mineral spirit then wrung out and loaded with Silver aluminum paint that is then dried with a heat gun and rubbed on the black till you get the desired effect..

And a video of the process for those interested. https://youtu.be/hQ6bPJlnNKs

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Gauges 003.jpg
    Resize of Gauges 003.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 59
  • Resize of Gauges 001.jpg
    Resize of Gauges 001.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 61
  • Resize of Gauges 002.jpg
    Resize of Gauges 002.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 62
  • Resize of Gauges 004.jpg
    Resize of Gauges 004.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 62
  • Resize of Gauges 006.jpg
    Resize of Gauges 006.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
So, y’all get your car insurance from the Govt?[S I knew you had Govt health insurance, didn’t know the car insurance was from them, too. That’s a bad deal, if they won’t insure you , you don’t have anywhere else to go. Insurance companies down here will refuse coverage sometimes, but you always can go to another company if you don’t like the way one does. Sounds like your insurance and DMV are intertwined pretty closely, surprised you can get anything non stock insured....:confused::eek:

Sorry to clutter your thread, Glen. I should have brought it up elsewhere. :eek:

So, y’all get your car insurance from the Govt?[S I knew you had Govt health insurance, didn’t know the car insurance was from them, too. That’s a bad deal, if they won’t insure you , you don’t have anywhere else to go. Insurance companies down here will refuse coverage sometimes, but you always can go to another company if you don’t like the way one does. Sounds like your insurance and DMV are intertwined pretty closely, surprised you can get anything non stock insured....:confused::eek:

Saskatchewan vehicle regulations and CMVSS above all. (Canadian Motor Vehicle Safety Standards)

Basic registration and safety standards are indeed controlled and enforced by the province of SK. They differ for every province in the country, like state to state differences in the USA.

For our older stuff in SK, we can register the vehicle several ways including "Antique", which is bare bones basic and cheap, cheap, cheap. From there, we can add insurance from any number of insurance companies, including Grundy and the like.

The recurring issue for "Modified Vintage Vehicles" is: Antiquated legislation and how it's interpreted/implemented/misunderstood. We, as enthusiasts have fought this battle before. (I was directly involved the last time in 2011.) They have no idea whose boots their pi**ing on. The car in the article above belongs to a friend and long time NHRA tech official. Another friend has a lawyer's education, a performance/machine shop and a Pro Street Camaro. The list goes on and on and on, so this battle will be won and won again until the province gets off its ass and properly amends the legislation.

No problem Doc it's all pertinent to my build, I could face the same issues from a cop that thinks he knows it all, even though I'm already plated as an antique

Thanks for the explanation Dr C. Seems like there's "no fun allowed" folks everywhere you go!:rolleyes:

My pleasure, Bama. By and large, we have very few issues... but it seems every 10 years, give or take, somebody has to dig up a dead horse and we have to beat it again. :p

Latest posts

Back