Skip's 39 Ford PU. How it happened

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll pile on...

Do something with the yellow fenders. They stand out like a sore tit. The more you make it look "hop in and drive away", the more appealing to the masses and small minds with no imaginations.
Find a better backdrop and shoot a wad of pictures. Think magazine shoot. The less it looks like an abandoned project, the better.

Thanks! You guys are the greatest. i needed a good smack upside the head on this. I was long overdue on breaking the original build "rules". I always thought the yellow fenders sucked, too.

LOL. Yea, Doc, my backyard does look like a junk yard. And not in a good way. Even with all the good junk. The last truck I had that was this "colorful" got me pulled over by the Klamath Falls police more than once. That and my long hair, probably. I finally gave it (the truck) a shot of rattle can beige, and they quit noticing me.

Now to decide on a color scheme. So many choices. Nearly all two-tone jobs have black fenders/boards, and some other color body/bed, etc. I would like something different that still looks good.

This sounds like fun.

Better turn signals and tail lights, too.

OK. I have some work to do.

It was a cold and rainy Friday afternoon...

Funny what a few rattle cans of flat black will do. No more Cub Scout color scheme.

Funny how we can get caught up in an idea and have to have our friends tell us to, "Let it go."

Attachments

• 39_blk_1.jpg
    39_blk_1.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 39_blk_nose.jpg
    39_blk_nose.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 43
Certainly did change the looks! I wasn't really offended by the yellow fenders...
:eek: Now ya tell me. :D In truth, the color scheme didn't offend me either, but I have to admit that I would never have chosen it. I can not remember ever picking a vehicle by/for its color. If you can't have natural rust, basic black is always a good choice.

Much better. Skip.
Now you've got "Curb appeal" going for you. As the realtors like to say.
Torchie

Thank you, my friend. It does look a bit more together.

So far, the only thing realtors are saying to me is, "we buy junk houses." :D But, that is part of my defense from the tax man.

I got my first nibble on my updated-with-no-yellow-fenders CL ad.

Not holding my breath. Have my scam detectors set to 11. Says he is an old cash buyer and not worried about the title.

Wish me luck.

I got my first nibble on my updated-with-no-yellow-fenders CL ad.

Not holding my breath. Have my scam detectors set to 11. Says he is an old cash buyer and not worried about the title.

Wish me luck.
After a couple e-mail exchanges, he told me to go look at the woodies he has done that are at the Peterson Museum. By that time it was pretty deep. I told him I have seen a lot of woodies at Peterson's. So I asked him to be a bit more specific. Crickets. :D

Today I got an inquiry about a trade. 65 Ford or a 50 Buick on bags. Both are mordoors. Ford is a hardtop. Pics look good. I told him we should get together. The Buick is interesting. Pretty much stock. Straight 8/auto. Ford is a 390/3spdOD.

Time will tell.

My 2 cents on a trade......
I would go with the 50 Buick if it and the Ford are in about the same shape.
Any car That I can remember new isn't a "Old Car" to me.:eek:[ddd I had a 50 Sedanette . The Fast back 2 door. It was a blast to drive and those straight 8"s have a sound all their own. JMHO
Selling stuff really brings out the "Interesting" people. I remember when I had the custom truck for sale. Some Know - it -all called me and proceeded to tell me that what I had done to it wasn't really that much work.
To which I replied (Right before I hung up), "So go and do it yourself then."
[P [P [P
Torchie

Latest posts

Back