Wed. Night on the River

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's great you could get out there Bob, and I am sure the results were well worth it. It's also great you got to spend some time with your Mom this way. Mine always enjoyed my cars and talking about the old days too. I sure do miss it. Priceless times.

Picnic NIght at Greg's

GruberSept001.jpg
A new build showed up at the every Thursday picnic at Greg's shop. Nice!
GruberSept008.jpg

An untouched, original Willys.
GruberSept004.jpg

Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy!!!
GruberSept006.jpg

Nice straight shoebox Ford.
GruberSept010.jpg

Bagged and sinister.
GruberSept009.jpg

I brought the little guy.

Withrow Car & Tractor Show

WithrowShow001_zps48954f08.jpg

In the tiny town of Withrow there is a bar/restaruant and a ballroom and really nothing else. Except for today when around 500 cars and 50 vintage tractors were on display. There was a large variety of machinery such as this dirt modified, and an alcohol funny car that fired up for the crowd
WithrowShow002_zps8e55b3c5.jpg

I like vintage dirt cars.
WithrowShow008_zps335e5413.jpg

A Mopar truck that is about as far from a rat as you can get.
WithrowShow004_zps828ee78c.jpg

A big rat motor...
WithrowShow003_zps48fdc50f.jpg

In a big old Buick.
WithrowShow011_zpscff2c297.jpg

My friend Tom's GMC on a C 10 frame.
WithrowShow010_zps3b5d6d7f.jpg

Henry J built by RRR members Terry and Lee.
WithrowShow009_zps7a08b93f.jpg

A More Door Dodge can make a nice rod.
WithrowShow012_zpsf4e2d3d7.jpg

Needs a push bumper.
WithrowShow006_zps858891b5.jpg

The star of the show for me was this 1915 tractor. About a one foot bore and a one foot stroke. Runs at 400 rpm. It sat in a woods from the late 1920's til the 1980's. Fortunately it was not scavenged. The owner repaired it rather than restoring it which appeals to me. He fired it up and it was a pleasure to see an almost 100 year old machine run.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the pics..I too like the tractor alot..A friend of mine on another forum is restoring one of the IHC Titans..Quite the undertaking,as almost nothing is available reproduction for them..Everything has to be scrounged or built from scratch.. I enjoying dinking with the old tractors, but none that old..mostly 30's thru the 50's for me..

Tim

2015 Wed. Nite Stillwater

Took a few pics of the more interesting cars at the Wed. nite cruise.

A pait of Willys sedans. Too comfortable.

My Tub was one of two Rats. This one was bagged. Very well built. I like the headlights Motorcycle?

I didn't have my camera ready when the turbo Cutlass disappeared in volumes of tire smoke. Sorry.

As for my Reo with the tired 292 6 cylinder; it wouldn't turn a tire in anger.

North St. Paul Favorite

I get around to a few weekly events. I think I'll post my favorites at the various events. This Ford in a Ford was a first timer Friday night. Very high quality build. If you look carefully you can see the roof of my Reo behind the Model A.

Little Canada Days 300+ cars

It's rare, It's perfect, I love it. 1947 GMC.

I had two favorites today. This Dodge practically glowed.

I had the only rat at the show. All the rat rods get together for their own shows so there ien't many that show up at other events.

Rat Rod Resurection

Went to the Rat Rod Resurrection show. Good food, good band, free, and about 100 cars and trucks. Mostly rat rods. This was my favorite. I don't know why...

I get around to a few weekly events. I think I'll post my favorites at the various events. This Ford in a Ford was a first timer Friday night. Very high quality build. If you look carefully you can see the roof of my Reo behind the Model A.

An A seedan done right. Right engine, right number of pedals, not cartoonishly low.

Latest posts

Back