2013 Back to the 50's

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just got home from the 2015 edition of Back to the 50's There were 11,955 cars registered. Here's some I built. I drove my Anglia to the registration hotel and Saturday because of threatening weather.

Last edited:

Way back in the 70's I put this '31A Slant Window Town Sedan together. It has only been sold twice since then. It remains almost exactly as it was built all those years ago.

With that many cars on the grounds it's overwhelming and as a result I only took a few pics. I'll load 'em up and share them with y'all.

This is an original '28 Erskine owned for 40 years by a fellow named...Erskine. MII front, Jag rear. I threw myself across the hood and pleaded, "Don't paint it!"

"Will the owner of the big block Mopar wedge with factory cross rams and twin turbos please return to your car. The crowd is drooling on it".

Most of the rodents were clustered together. This car, along with some of the next rat rods are all long haul rides, having trekked to Las Vegas one year and Louisianna another year.

Last edited:

This was my favorite car. There was so many nice subtle construction details that made this roadster a winner.

Saturday night the Trashmen, of Surfing Bird fame played. As a side note, 52 years ago I became engaged to my wife on a frigid winter's night, in the back seat of my friend's '57 Chevy driving through the counrtyside heading to Woodley's Country Dam, to see the Trashmen. They're still around, and we're still around.

Hey Flipper, close, but no Panetella.

Latest posts

Back