Front disc brakes

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vht

Anyone seen a disc brake kit for a 38 chevy coupe front axle? I can't find it at Speedway, I did find the kits at a couple places where you buy the rotors and calipers separate. I was hoping Speedway had a complete kit.

This came out of a 38 chevy coupe, I seen the car before he started on it. Apparently they put a straight axle under at least one. This was a nice car, been stored for 30 some years, all stock, only had 3 owners, come with a heater, radio, and bumper guards.

I found kits at Chassis Engineering. They use the 70's malibu type rotor and caliper.

Call Ron Pope motorsports.
http://www.eztbucket.com/
He sells brackets and bearing adapters cheap. His page lists for 39-54 but he will make custom bearing adapter for earlier years. I have this on my 37 axle and it seems like good stuff. The rotors, calipers, bearings and seals are easy to get locally, no need to pay someone extra to put it in kit form.

I've dealt with Ron Pope before, great customer service, and a real good guy. I think I can go with chassis engineering;s kit, and just buy the rest of the stuff. I can get hoses, bearings, and all the small stuff from Rockauto, and buy rotors and calipers local. Thanks for all the info.

I messaged Ron Pope last night, he got back to me right away and needs the inner bearing inside diameter and he can make me up a complete kit. He also said he has the brackets to convert the axle to a transverse spring and all that. Stonebird, thanks for reminding me, memory sucks anymore, he's made up stuff for me before. He also has one of the best straight tube steering columns out there for like $89.

Latest posts

Back