53 chevy wheels

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

53 stickfigure

Ok, got my mind set on 15x10 torque thrusts with 295-50 15s. The rims have 3 3/4 backspace. My factory rims are 15x5 with 3 inch of backspace. I have almost 2 inches of clearance between the leafs now with 215 75s. Im pretty sure they wont rub the leafs but im not sure how much tire buldge im dealing with, with the 295s on the 15x10s. I already ordered the tires but have been waiting to find a 3 inch backspace rim that i liked. 3 3/4 is the best i can find in torque thrusts and the price is right. Im radiusing the quarters, they should stick out about an inch or so. I really dont want to use wheel spacers. I'll wait to order the wheels for some advice. Shes ready for the street minus about a billion hours of body work. Decided not to lower the rear any, just raising the front 4 inches. I'll have some new pics as soon as i can get some time off of work.

The section width (bulge) on that tire is 11.6" on a 10" rim. So it sticks out 13/16" on each side of the rim.

So that will leave me about 3/4 of an inch between the tire and leafs. Ive actually ran with less but dont like it.

Latest posts

Back