The Messerschmitt

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodman

Old photo of the Messerschmitt altered dragster. Pocatello,ID Drag Strip in 1965. The 401 Nailhead Buick motor was sought after in drag racing circles back in the 60's.

Attachments

• messer.jpg
    messer.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 77
For as long as I can remember (I'm 49) drag engines, especially those running on alcohol, were filled with something solid like cement.

Hard Blok Engine Block Filler

Hard Blok is a specially formulated, cement-based material that provides maximum strength, vibration dampening and heat dissipation required in high-performance race engines. Hard Block auto block filler also extends cylinder wall life both by preventing cracked walls and by causing the walls to wear truer, honing is minimized during rebuilds. Remains stable at all operating temperatures and does not soften when exposed to high heat and will not erode under water. Hard Block auto block filler is Non-toxic, non-corrosive and contains no hazardous chemicals.

How did we not blow them all up

I'm thinking the last sentence tells me this is some thing new [S

Attachments

• Don stuff 023.jpg
    Don stuff 023.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 21
I'm thinking the last sentence tells me this is some thing new [S

Been around since the 80s not really old but not new. Made of concrete and iron particles. People just like to here those word now.

They didn't usually fill the entire block just 1/2 to 3/4 and run water in the heads. Most ran alcohol because the engines ran cooler.

For as long as I can remember (I'm 49) drag engines, especially those running on alcohol, were filled with something solid like cement.

As DMW pointed out the correct product is HardBlok. I used it in the Chrysler motor that was in my dragster and will be using it in the Chevy motor going into the "Sheets and Giggles" altered. The stuff is a little spendy but adds a lot of structural rigidity into the block - a necessity when you start messing around with blowers and alcohol on stock blocks.

Attachments

• IMG_0925 (1280x960).jpg
    IMG_0925 (1280x960).jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0281.jpg
    IMG_0281.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Back