Images from a game cam

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smallfoot

He's rockin' the "Nuttin Special"!
Thought ya'll might like to see some of the stuff I view on my game cams. I get shots of everything that moves thru here. Sometimes, just the time of day or the weather makes a completely wild looking shot. These cams are no glow unlike some of the early cams so they don't put off light that alerts anything. They are sensitive to movement and light so I get some weird effects often. This first one was taken right as the sun was setting. That time of day has the light sensors all screwed up but it produced a pretty cool shot that looks like a negative.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 01050245.jpg
    01050245.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 46
And then there was this unicorn...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 01060258.jpg
    01060258.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 01060265.jpg
    01060265.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 46
Caught this little fella snagging my neighbors cat a few nights ago!!! Might have to do a night hunt! I have a nother shot from the second video with the neighbors cat in its mouth!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230122-134721.jpg
    Screenshot_20230122-134721.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 27
Yessir, coyotes are bad here too. Since the neighbor sold off his land and it's a wildlife management area now there are no cows so they have to change their menu. I just collected cards from 23 days of cam work and got several of coyotes and bobcats. It's gonna be brutal around here when spring birthing season hits...

Yessir, coyotes are bad here too. Since the neighbor sold off his land and it's a wildlife management area now there are no cows so they have to change their menu. I just collected cards from 23 days of cam work and got several of coyotes and bobcats. It's gonna be brutal around here when spring birthing season hits...

Yeah, they are a nuisance for sure. What is your guys's hunting for them like down there? Are there limits or a season or are they a year-round hunt like they are up here

Here in Bama, coyote season is year round, no limits. I've got a couple that sneak around here every once in a while. They usually show up when I don't have anything to kill them with me. I've taken a few pot shots at them with my .22 pocket gun, but that thing is useless over 10 ft away....:rolleyes:

Here in Bama, coyote season is year round, no limits. I've got a couple that sneak around here every once in a while. They usually show up when I don't have anything to kill them with me. I've taken a few pot shots at them with my .22 pocket gun, but that thing is useless over 10 ft away....:rolleyes:

Hahahahaha, yeah I've got a little 22 pocket revolver I carry for snakes and whatnot. You might as well unload it and throw it at something big cuz it'd be more accurate lol. Same here with coyotes no limit all year round. We can night hunt them as long as there is no other active hunting season going on. I will probably set up in a thicket of trees just off my driveway and run my Fox pro call. See if I can't lure them in

I had not heard that! Washington state is the same way we are a protect your livestock state. If there is a mountain lion that is encroaching on your property and endangering your family or your livestock you are 100% legal to shoot it. I bet the same thing would happen around here. We actually had one about four months ago walking across the neighbor's property. His dogs were acting weird bark and growlin wouldn't go outside. He walked outside with a flashlight and looked around the property and the cat jumped out of his wood pile ran at him and then darted up the hill. I put up some trail cams looking for it after that but never saw it again

Down here anymore, our birds of prey are pretty hard on small animals and getting fat while lots of chihuahuas are missing...[ddd:D

This is a pretty sizable bobcat. One of two that I keep catching on cam. I thought he might have been a panther until I got a shot of the short tail. Where he's standing would indicate to me that he's bigger than most.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 01180810.jpg
    01180810.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 01180811.jpg
    01180811.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 38
  • 01180812.jpg
    01180812.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 01180813.jpg
    01180813.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 37
I saw that Mountain Lion story the other day, and wow on those bobcat pic, smallfoot. Nothing like that around here....that I have seen anyway.

The Coyotes in my wildlife area in back of my house have not been active lately, I think it is because the wild pigs were removed. I lost three cats to them a few years ago. But last year during the festival which is close to my house, there was a coyote ruckus that occurred one night, sounded like quite a few, possibly displaced because of the festival activity. Nothing since, but I am aware.

Below, I posted pics of my cam here before, but I noticed something in one of them.

In this first pic below, both of these cats I lost to predators, (The white one is a flame point Siamese) most likely coyotes.

Out in the distance I zoomed in on the other cat, (first arrow) I noticed she was looking at something, That is when I noticed the glowing eye of the pig, second arrow.

Attachments

• Game cam2015.jpg
    Game cam2015.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 18
  • coyote.JPG
    coyote.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Hog2.jpg
    Hog2.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 17
A late friend of mine used to hunt those wild hogs. Said it was the best pork you could get, all lean meat, no fat. Said even his DR approved of eating them!
We have them instate, but not around here, as far as I know.

I gotta get me one of those game cameras. We have something getting into our attic, I want to see what it is before I throw out poison or put a trap up there. It sounds huge, guess the sound is magnified somehow. Has to be something that can go up through the walls, there's no entrance outside anywhere.

A late friend of mine used to hunt those wild hogs. Said it was the best pork you could get, all lean meat, no fat. Said even his DR approved of eating them!
We have them instate, but not around here, as far as I know.

I was told the opposite from a local here said it depends on the diet, which in the case of my yard being dug up was grubs. A well fed piggy has better meat he said.

Wild hog is pretty rank if it's a male. Sow is pretty good especially if they are getting grain anywhere. You're right they're all lean meat which means no real bacon. I like it but it's wild tasting meat that not everybody would like.

The one in that pic I was told was a sow, but the church trapped 7 of them the family that owned my property in the past raised hogs and they could have had some escapees.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back