Best junkyard wiring harness?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flipper_1938

He recycles the right way
After picking up a LS harness for $40 (large wiring harness), I have had the idea to try a junkyard main wiring harness on my dodge or the kids FJ40.

Anybody found anything OEM that looks like it would work well in a rod?

For some reason, I think I have read of people using chrysler mini van wiring harnesses. Anybody else heard of that?

On a GM the 75 to 79 Nova is a three piece plug together easy to use. I used one of these in my 40 Pontiac.
On the Mopar stuff, I'd think something in the same platform would work.

I build all my own. I do keep old harnesses for some wire but I consider factory wire size to just be too small. I use mostly 14 and 16 gauge. Crimp on ends are fine if you have a good crimper. I do use the insulated ones but prefer the un-insulated and heat shrink. I put everything in plastic loom. It's all tidy and none of that too long or too short of wire you end up with in custom made harness.
My 29 is simple, no turn signals, tail lights come on when I start it, has brake lights, headlights on an on/off/on switch on the dash. Dash lights all light up off the ignition switch.

Latest posts

Back