Question about a car

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainman

Rough Rodder
I've got a question for you guy's. No pics, but I'll try to get some.

I have a 66 Comet Villager Station Wagon, and was wondering how many of you have seen one? According to the manufacturing numbers they only made 3600 or so!! (about half of others) I wasn't really thinking about it being rare or anything, anddon't really know what I want to do with it!!
It's in decent shape other than the floors are pretty much out of it. Been thinking about putting floors in it and making a Daily out of it.

I have always kind of been a Wagon guy, thie one is not one of my favorites, but it could be cool.

What do you guy's think??

I've got a pic of one in my pictures on this comp. but I don't know how to get it on here! ha ha comp dumb!!

Attachments

• frameAndServeImage.jpg
    frameAndServeImage.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 50
use it as a driver!

I just started driving a '68 galexie wagon and I love it. Im more of a pickup guy but these wagons have so much room. And everywhere I go someome smiles at it even though it is a wagon. I think more people think wagons are cool than they use to. and it would be great for hitting the swap meets with. is that a mid size or full size wagon?

It's funny how trends change. When we were young we would have rather walked on hot coals than to be seen in the Old Man's station wagon...........now they have become cool and EXPENSIVE ! :eek: At every show you will see some "long roof" and wish you owned one. I'd love to find a cheap wagon to turn into a bracket car, but they are getting hard to find.

Those 66 Comets were pretty cars anyway, so I would fix it up and drive it. They could not be more simple, mechanically, and easy to keep alive. My Son Don has two cars, one is a Z06 Vette and the other is an 89 Chevy Caprice wagon. He loves that wagon and uses it as his daily.

Don

One thing I learned about this car was how short the wheelbase was, compared to the length. It's only 113" W/B, that surprised me! Probably would make a good stocker Drag car!!
I'm weird but I've always liked certain wagons, this wasn't one of them though! At first my plans were to cut 2 and a half feet out of the middle to make a 2 door out of it! But I don't think I'll go that rout! (TOO much Work)
When I get it back to my house I'll take some pics while tearing it down, an then make a true assesment of what I should do!! Maybe I'll do a poll!!! Those are fun even if I don't listen to it!!:D

When I was in highschool, my friends were buying Camaro's. Mustang's etc. I bought a '66 Country Sedan 9 passenger. On the weekends, my wagon was filled with friends. Lotsa girls ;). A rolling party palace!

Screw those little, sporty cars. Ever seen the back seat in a Mustang? Wagons weren't pretty but they sure were fun!

Yes the wagons are cool:cool: I have always liked them and your's is rare but all the older cars that have been made are getting rare'er how many are still around like a 54 dodge or a 40 plymouth or a 72 chevy. I'm just saying if you are going the own a older car well like I said....enjoy your ride:)

Didn't like em then love em now I'm becoming my Dad

Yep, dad had a 59 ford wagon I used for a lot of my dates in high school but the one I really want is the 2door 56 Ranch Wagon with a 312 Thunderbird engine 3 speed overdrive he had when I was 14. I've been told who has it but can't locate him :(

My parents had a '65 Chevy Impala wagon. I always liked the looks of the '65, hence my '65 Biscayne. I always wanted to build a black on black '65 Chevy Impala wagon but make it an SS.

My mom had one of the Ford versions--Fairlane I guess. My old man was always a wagon guy because he had 4 kids to haul around. Then mom almost drove it off a bridge one night (a HIGH bridge too) . Bye Bye Fairlane wagon. And the state tried to charge her to fix a gouge in the concrete but I dont think the old man took too kindly to that idea. Remember riding on the open tailgates back in the day? I was riding on the tailgate of our 61 Falcon wagon when some guy hit us and sent me ass over teakettle across the parking lot. And mom got the ticket! Come to think of it, she was a bit of a disaster behind the wheel... [S

Latest posts

Back