Two old Cadillacs in a barn.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TiredIronGRB

Traditionalist
Went yesterday and checked out a local Craigslist ad for two old Cadillacs, a '58 and a '60. The ad said they hadn't been out of the barn in years so I expected some rough stuff but when I got there they were both up on wood blocks (over a gravel floor) and wrapped up in plastic. I didn't think to take any pictures until we had them uncovered...I was rather excited.

25b721ac.jpg

b1c5c3e0.jpg

The '60 is the rougher of the two but only has surface rust.

18bbc154.jpg

14055e74.jpg

The '58 is very solid and the paint is decent.

4f402e5a.jpg

d02769d9.jpg

b00e6631.jpg

7334600f.jpg

4f7bd3ff.jpg

Both cars had the wheel covers wrapped in plastic in the trunk, the owner had also put Sta-bil in both cars and sprayed white grease on all the surface rust on the '60 before wrapping it up.

686b4e33.jpg

The '58 had this nice Tri-Power wrapped up in the box I found in the trunk.

I always like the style of the 60 Caddy better, but not the 4dr. I'd love to have that 58 as a 4dr though. Killer find.

I'll ask - how much?

I got both of them running today and drove the '60...the brakes were up! I found a folder in the glove box that had all the receipts from where the engine and transmission were rebuilt and all the brakes gone through less than 3,000 miles ago.

It was really nice out there today, 104 degrees but only 100 in the garage.

That green one is making my hands tingle I want to know it like a blind man...

Latest posts

Back